Could use some help finding options

iVillage Member
Could use some help finding options
Sat, 01-23-2010 - 5:12pm

I had my first child back in September and had originally wanted to get an IUD, due to difficulties with 6 or 7 different forms of the pill, and the nuva ring. All of them lowered my libido. My local health department will only give IUD's to women who aren't planning on having kids for at least 5 years, because it costs them so much to get them and they give them at a discount. I ended up going with Depo Provera and its not going good. I am incredibly incredibly moody and borderline depressed on it. I plan on finding someone at one of the local clinics here for therapy, so I don't fall into a deep depression. Unfortunately I can't remember all of the pills I have been on, so I can't eliminate any from the list. Condoms aren't a good option for DH and I because I have a problem with vaginal dryness that lube only sometimes helps, others times it takes a large amounts, and I have that even off of BC.

I have thought about a cervical cap or diaphram, but I haven't looked into them deeply. Same thing with spermicidal foams and the like. Any advice would be much appreciated. TIA.