I Think my IUD Fell Out of Place - HELP!

iVillage Member
I Think my IUD Fell Out of Place - HELP!
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 12:29am

Hi all,

Im hoping someone can help me, im REALLY scared... I just got my new IUD about 2 months ago... Just now, I noticed something hanging near my leg.

Jacki

153.2 / 152.2 / 120

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-07-2010 - 11:46pm

You need to see your doctor ASAP. It is possible for the IUD to be dislodged and not completely fall out. If it is out of place it won't continue to protect you.

I have the Mirena so I don't know what color the strings are for the copper. If it's been rejected don't get another one, it will likely have the same thing happen. Not everyone is a good candidate for them and unfortunately the only way to know if you'll reject one or not is to try one.

Call your doc and get seen.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Britax

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-09-2010 - 6:26pm

I think the strings are white in both cases (Mirena and Paragard), but I would still make an appointment to see your Doc ASAP!

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-10-2010 - 7:53pm
Go to the doctor asap. My Dr
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 2:30am

Hi all

Im not the best user with this site so bear with me... i just got my IUD put in around a month ago and i had a follow check up today to make sure everything was in place.. When I got in there they said that my acutal device was coming out.. they tried pushing it back in but by the end of the visit they took it out completly.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 8:30pm
If you had sex AFTER the IUD was taken out you are not covered.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Britax

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-31-2010 - 12:55am
thank you! and no we did not have sex afterwords... the doctor said it was out just the tip of the device that was out but when they tried putting it back in it seemed to
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-31-2010 - 8:01am
If you had sex and the IUD wasn't placed properly you may not have been covered either. If you are still within the window for Plan B this would be a case where I would probably pick it up. If it's been more than 72 hours then you'll have to hope that the IUD was enough protection and take a home pregnancy test in about 2 weeks.

Photobucket

Britax

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-31-2010 - 10:24am

Well my doctors said it was showing a little. Here is a picture. The circle is all what they saw when they did the follow up.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-31-2010 - 10:29am
after re-reading my posts I wanted to say that we didnt have sex again AFTER i got it taken out... we had the unprotected when it was still in and that is what i am worried about. We had it back to back but I made sure he was def clean afterwords... im not to sure if i should be scared or not.
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-31-2010 - 10:44am
If you know that the IUD was still in it's proper ace whn you have sex there is very little to worry about BUT if it was already even slightly out of place it could be a worry. It doesn't have to be completely dislodged to be ineffective just partially out of place COULD be a worry.

Photobucket

Britax

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket