What an evil deity they worship...

iVillage Member
What an evil deity they worship...
Wed, 03-25-2009 - 8:40am
http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/646579835.html

Summary: The entire family of Bud Feldkamp dies in a fiery plane crash. His crime against God? He owns several, "Family Planning Clinics." Christians claim this is is divine retribution for all the abortions performed at these clinics even though Bud himself never did a single one.

Article Quote: "We warned him, for his children's sake, to wash his hands of the innocent blood he assisted in spilling because, as Scripture warns, if "you did not hate bloodshed, bloodshed will pursue you". (Ezekiel 35:6)"

Sick. Seriously, if God did exist he would not be worthy of worship.

FYI: For those who are unfamiliar with "Family Planning Clinics," their main goal is to prevent unwanted pregnancies. Many of them are assisted by the government under Title X in order to provide free or reduced cost birth control to underprivileged families and teenagers. Many "Family Planning Clinics," do not even offer abortion services, but Christians often fail to see the distinction.

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-25-2009 - 1:14pm
I didn't even click on the link, your summary was enough to piss me off. It's so sad. I can't even express how sick these people are. This, my friends, is one of the biggest reasons I'm Atheist Agnostic. *shakes head sadly*
Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-25-2009 - 1:30pm
It would be easier to believe in god if he were consistant. If he hates abortion doctors so much, why not strike all of them down? Or wait, I guess he'd go for their first borns or something instead, wouldn't he? I'm not as good at thinking evilly.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-26-2009 - 12:34pm
I didnt click on your link either, you did a wonderful job of summing up the article. The only words I can think of in response are "wow, just...wow". I don't even know if I could respond if someone expressed that opinion to me directly. The first reaction would be anger and outrage at such a suggestion but it would be a complete waste of my energy to express that to such a person. How can people profess worship of a God of Love and maintain such anger and hatred in their minds toward others? It never ceases to amaze me and make me sad.
Photobucket

May your day include things that are happy!
Lisa
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-26-2009 - 3:43pm

and this is what they're teaching their kids.

sigh.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-26-2009 - 9:59pm
Yes, and some are popping out kids like crazy to teach them these things.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=102005062

Article Quote: "Those in the Quiverfull movement shun birth control, believing that God will give them the right number of children. It turns out, that's a lot of kids.

The average family at their evangelical church has 8.5 kids. They are children who the Swansons hope will spread the message of Christ.

"The womb is such a powerful weapon; it's a weapon against the enemy," Campbell says.

Campbell has 35 grandchildren. She and her husband stopped at six kids, and it is her great regret.

"I think, help! Imagine if we had had more of these children!" Campbell says, adding, "My greatest impact is through my children. The more children I have, the more ability I have to impact the world for God."

Since they are shooting out kids left and right to spread the word of God... What happens if one of these kids turns out to reject their faith and become an atheist?

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-27-2009 - 3:26am
You might be interested in the blog No Longer Quivering, from a couple ex-quiverfull mamas.
http://2spb.blogspot.com/
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-27-2009 - 8:19am

This is what I'm finally figuring out ~ that the God to whom I committed my life and served wholeheartedly for over 20 years is a monster. What an awakening!

Thanks for posting this link to our blog.

Vyckie

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-27-2009 - 8:41am

It's not that they fail to see the difference it's that they don't care to acknownledge it.

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-27-2009 - 8:50am

"Since they are shooting out kids left and right to spread the word of God... What happens if one of these kids turns out to reject their faith and become an atheist?"

As it was put to my DH who knew someone who believed that prayer and abstaining where the way to go for birth control, they would shun the child and pray for their delieverance from the evil holding them.

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-27-2009 - 11:15am
Thanks for making the blog! I've learned so much.
Photobucket

Pages