Oh Please

iVillage Member
Oh Please
Sat, 04-04-2009 - 9:24pm

This guy is running around saying he is sorry about all the messed up stuff he did in his life,but the kicker, he is worried about going to heaven or hell.

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: rholmes2004
Sat, 04-04-2009 - 10:27pm

Maybe at this point in his life, he has finally realized what a horrible douchebag he has been. Maybe he finally realizes other people's feelings matter instead of just his own.

Yes, at this point he is worried about his 'soul,' but maybe, hopefully, that isn't the sole reason for his repentance. At least I would hope.

He grew up in a racist undeniably hateful and hurtful culture. Despite that society, people do eventually learn, evolve and in some times become compassionate.

Many many years ago, my grandmother found out my aunt was pregnant at age 16. The family hid the pregnancy. Upon birth it was discovered the baby was, 'mixed' then the child disappeared. Nobody in the family really knows what happened and they don't speak of it. Regardless, the same grandmother that did away with my aunts mixed baby, is not the grandmother I know today. The woman I know is kind and compassionate to all people regardless of race. In fact, she recently dated a man of color herself.

If this is simply a death bed confessional to save his soul, then this man truly is scum. If on the other hand, he truly is sorry for all the people he hurt then I am glad he finally saw the error of his awful ways. I just wish he could have realized those errors before he hurt all those people.

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-04-2009 - 11:28pm
I agree with you it would have been nice for him to have seen the error earlier in life and hopefully this isn't just to cover himself. I'm glad to hear about your grandmother, and that you were able to know the compassionate accepting side of her.
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-05-2009 - 2:12am
What would be really nice would be if he could inspire others who were like he was to change their ways. Maybe a relative.
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-05-2009 - 2:33am
That would be nice. Hopefully he is for real and this isn't just about getting into "heaven". But its so hard to tell with people now-a-days.
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-05-2009 - 7:40pm

I sort of hope he makes it to heaven, I don't want to end up anywhere near him....;-)

Liesl

March
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-05-2009 - 11:02pm
*Guffaw*
Atheist Pictures, Images and Photos

Made by Anne Pictures, Images and Photos

husband Pictures, Images and Photos

Science As A Candle in The Dark\" by Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan Pictures, Images and Photos

Bollywood Pictures, Images and Photos

I Love My Children! Pictures, Images and Photos
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 5:22pm
That's all I have to do? I can be a complete a-hole my whole life then in one day say "oops, sorry" and have eternal paradise? I don't think I want to be in paradise with someone like that...
Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 5:50pm

From what I have seen, heaven is gonna be full of every type of evil ass douchebag imaginable. Think of all the murderers, racists and kiddie rapists out there who convert to Christ on their deathbed. If the mere act of accepting Jesus as your lord and savior being the only prerequisite for heaven then I would expect the, "promised land," would have way more evil souls than hell.

Not to mention, God itself is a vain malevolent deity which basically says, "Worship me or prepare to suck a fiery big one." I have read very little in the Bible that would lead me to think such a being would be worthy of respect and worship even if it did exist.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 6:39pm

You go to heaven for the weather and hell for the company... ;)

Yeah, that was one thing I could never stomach when I was "livin' the lie". I just couldn't understand how some people so evil could whisper sorry and something about bringing Jesus/god into their hearts and BOOM they're innocent and floating around heaven with wings and a harp.

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 6:55pm

I once said that I would rather burn in hell with my loving gay friends then "enjoy" paradise with a bunch of self-righteous, evil a-holes.

Pages