Thank you for the welcome

iVillage Member
Thank you for the welcome
Mon, 04-13-2009 - 10:30am

Thank you so much for the welcome.

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-13-2009 - 1:01pm

(((hugs)))) Carol. I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandson.

Your description of feeling freedom once you realized you were atheist is common. I think I'm in the middle of that right now. I was slow to realize me being Atheist, and I still question if I am. Agnostic for sure, Atheist most likely.

I look forward to reading your posts!

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-13-2009 - 4:25pm

Thank you for your condolences on the loss of my grandson.

And I am so happy to have found this board.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-13-2009 - 7:54pm

I'm sorry about your grandson. *Hugs*

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-14-2009 - 8:39am

Thank you for your condolences on the death of my grandson.

I know so many people who say they are leaning to being atheist, but afraid of not believing.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-14-2009 - 12:41pm
Hi Baba and welcome

<Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-14-2009 - 1:07pm

I am so sorry about your grandson. :(

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-14-2009 - 8:15pm

Carol, I, too, send you my deepest condolences.

I think you are asking for our stories...
for me, it happened about ten years ago.
My family didn't go to church until I was about twelve, and then it was in response to my parents' divorce. We attended a Catholic church and became fully Catholic during my teens. I was the only one that it "stuck" with. Into my twenties I was still practicing and believing. It really meant something to me. Oddly, I was the saddest during those times.

Anyway. I always had many questions that I would ask at all times. Catholics are known for their guilt; lucky for me they missed my real indoctrinating years. So I never experienced the guilt that many of my friends did about things. Some, but just the normal amount.

I had many doubts during my twenties, early thirties. Always reading, talking, studying.

Finally, one night I was reading the Bible, laying next to my husband. I had just asked him, just before he fell asleep, "Why do they call other people's 'cult' while calling our own 'religion'"? He said he had no idea...and fell asleep.
I went on to read. Suddenly, out of the blue, I realized, because it isn't true and they are all cults.
LOL
I realized, just as suddenly, why it wasn't enough that I had rejected "religion". I really hadn't believed in a loooong time!
The guilt that I would occasionally felt with my questioning kept me from moving forward very quickly..but then it was gone!

AH. What a wonderful relief. I honestly felt the weight of the world go off of my shoulders that night and I haven't felt it since. It's great!

That's my story,
Peace,
Karen

Atheist Pictures, Images and Photos

Made by Anne Pictures, Images and Photos

husband Pictures, Images and Photos

Science As A Candle in The Dark\" by Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan Pictures, Images and Photos

Bollywood Pictures, Images and Photos

I Love My Children! Pictures, Images and Photos
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-15-2009 - 6:25pm

I am so sad for your loss of your Dad.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-15-2009 - 6:36pm

Thank you also for your condolences.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-15-2009 - 6:47pm

Thank you

I was hoping people would share their stories!

Pages