Ashamed (Long Post)

iVillage Member
Ashamed (Long Post)
Tue, 04-21-2009 - 9:18am

Years ago I had a loved one at the Hospital ICU. I had spent a week of sleepless nights in the waiting room when the doctor told me they were going to die. I went outside and cried, smoked a cigarette and sat on the back of my car. Suddenly a car full of Christians came by and started telling me I needed to pray with them to save my loved one blah blah blah... Being weak, sleep deprived, devastated and frustrated caused me to snap and simply tell them to, "F­uck off."

Later, I came in the ICU and found a hospital chaplain praying over my family member. I picked him up by the collar, threw him out of the room and told him we were atheists and to never come back.

A day goes by and a treatment the doctors had administrated started to reverse the situation. The blood clot was breaking up and danger was subsiding. With immediate danger gone I started to think again. I thought how wrong it was that Christians would use a person's weakest point in life to attempt conversion. I thought, "No atheist would stoop so low." Well I was wrong.

A group of atheists discovered a mother's blog who has a child with anencephaly. Basically the child has a brain stem, but not much else. These atheists chose THIS MOTHER as a target. I am ashamed they would stoop to harassing someone with such a difficult situation simply because she is a Christian. Above all else she is a parent who loves her child.

The Mother's Blog
http://babyfaithhope.blogspot.com/

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-21-2009 - 9:42am
No matter one's opinion of the woman and her decisions regarding that baby, there is nothing to be gained by anyone in sending her hate mail or otherwise harass her. How pathetic that anyone would do so.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-21-2009 - 11:18am

She deleted the email, but judging by her response it was pretty nasty. This is another thing that goes beyond religion. It's not OK to say mean things. Humans draw their strength from different sources. Some draw it from a "god", others the people around them. No one should be berated for that. These atheists give the rest of us a bad name. Just as those Evangelical Christians give many of the middle of the road Christians a bad name. I know some perfectly good Christians who don't feel the need to spout their beliefs. Some people are like chickens, they'll peck at sore spots until it kills them.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear your loved one got better.

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-21-2009 - 11:26am
I'm bummed that she had to take down her email address. I wanted to drop her a line letting her know that not all atheist are evil, that individual people are evil. Oh well.
Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-21-2009 - 11:47am

It is, myah_walker@hotmail.com unless she changed it or deleted her account all together. That e-mail address does work to find her Face Book account.

I haven't written her, even something positive due to the fact I thought she might be getting swamped.

It just p­isses me off they took the opportunity to insult her like this. Flash mobbing a random believer like this make atheists look every bit as bad as Christians claim.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-21-2009 - 4:33pm

I will never understand the type of person who would choose to kick someone when they are down.

Disney Sig
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-21-2009 - 8:36pm

This woman is *24* years old! She is so young to be going through such an awful thing. Then to have those jerks taking their pitiful superiority trip out on her...it's disgusting, cruel, and totally unpardonable!

I just dropped her a line as well.
Karen

Atheist Pictures, Images and Photos

Made by Anne Pictures, Images and Photos

husband Pictures, Images and Photos

Science As A Candle in The Dark\" by Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan Pictures, Images and Photos

Bollywood Pictures, Images and Photos

I Love My Children! Pictures, Images and Photos
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-22-2009 - 12:20am
That is shameful.