She bought Precious Moments for my BOYS!

iVillage Member
She bought Precious Moments for my BOYS!
Mon, 04-27-2009 - 10:27am

Ok, my youngest ds turned 2 in March and his brother turns 4 this Friday. So we had a combined birthday party this past Saturday. Well, needless to say, my MIL bought them Precious Moments little "birth year statues." My problem is #1 we are so NOT religious and #2 IMO, they are VERY feminine. WWYD?

Btw, I had put the previous ones she had bought them in the closet, and she asked me where they were. I lied and told her I was dusting and put them away, lol!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-27-2009 - 11:27am
*shrug* My MIL buys them, too. She doesn't get the religious ones. I hate them because they're too cutsie. I'm not a cutsie person, lol. But I just say thank you and put them away somewhere.
Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-27-2009 - 1:21pm

If you don't like them and your kids don't like them either, don't just put them somewhere to clutter up the place.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-29-2009 - 3:29am
I would have said that I had them somewhere safe until they are older and can enjoy them more. It's not like a 2 year old would give a flying frog fart about such a statue even if you had daughters and were religious. It seems to me that having them out would just be asking for them to break. Or hey, say they broke, and return them or give them away. I'm with pp… even if you don't end up getting $ for them, why keep them around? Who needs the clutter?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-29-2009 - 6:57am
My MIL doesn't buy the precious moments, but before we left the states she gave our youngest son this little angel on a bench.