Where will you go when the world ends?

iVillage Member
Where will you go when the world ends?
Thu, 05-28-2009 - 10:04pm

Today during my lunch break today a nutter came to my my house, knocked on my door and handed me a pamphlet titled, "Where will you go, when the world ends?"

Apparently in Jackson Mississippi they are having some kind of big conference about Rapture and the End of Days. They believe Jesus is going to come back in their lifetime and they want people to hear about it.

Normally when a nutter shows up on my doorstep I immediately tell them to bugger off, but this lady was nice, polite, to the point and she just wanted to hand me a invitation to the Rapture Conference. I took the invite, closed my door, threw it away and hopefully I'll never see her again.

It seems like every new generation of Christians always believe their generation will be the one to see the return of Christ.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-29-2009 - 2:43pm

I can't tell you how many times my crazy Aunt and Uncle (more the Uncle) have told us the exact date the world is going to end. And yet the world keeps not ending!

I'm like that, what you did with that lady. If they're nice and just want to offer me info, I'll smile, take and say good bye. It's the pushers that I have to get nasty with.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-29-2009 - 9:49pm

WOW sounds like a great reason for a party. Lets all get plastered that day, pass out and either wake up in the morning or not!

Liesl

March
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-30-2009 - 1:33am
..I've noticed it too...um...awkward...the world still has not ended...
Atheist Pictures, Images and Photos

Made by Anne Pictures, Images and Photos

husband Pictures, Images and Photos

Science As A Candle in The Dark\" by Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan Pictures, Images and Photos

Bollywood Pictures, Images and Photos

I Love My Children! Pictures, Images and Photos
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-03-2009 - 1:40pm

Have you heard of Post Rapture Post?

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-03-2009 - 5:19pm

I found some pretty good entertainment.

Somebody went to the Rapture Ready message boards and saved off all the best posts.

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/weekend-web/rapture-ready.php