No Bible at Show-n-Tell

iVillage Member
No Bible at Show-n-Tell
Mon, 06-01-2009 - 9:02pm

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-01-2009 - 9:45pm
I can't comprehend how it could be his favorite book. I was 12-13 before I could even begin to understand what the Bible said. Even then I was completely wrong about the interpretations. Although, the fact I was trying to read the King James Version MIGHT have something to do with my difficulty understanding it.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-02-2009 - 7:32am

Good to hear. Chalk one up for the little guy! LOL

As for it being a favourite book? My nephew 8 sent my dd 10 a letter that in the middle of random stuff about Pokemon, the weather and Disney World wrote " you should buy yourself a Bible and read it." HUH? I have a hard time believeing that there wasn't a parent standing over his shoulder telling him what to write. Same with this parent and the show and tell bible I can imagine.

Liesl

March
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-02-2009 - 12:03pm

I have a boys' book club that I've lead for several years. GREAT group! Great boys!
One month everyone was to bring their favorite book and tell us about it. Naturally, one boy brought the Bible. He starts out, "This book is about this guy who wants there to be good in the world...".

The rest of the kids are like, "Aaaaaaaaw, Man!" and "NO WAY"! And other nonsupporting comments. So, I'm in the position of supporting this boy's right to offer this book as his favorite.
LOL
It was funny in retrospect. I was pretty proud of myself. (grin)

But, if you could have seen this darling kid, having trouble making eye contact, saying, "...and he had these friends who helped him..."
I can still see him! He was a doll.

Anyway, was it REALLY his favorite? His brother was also in the group, ready to stand up for his brother, and he says, 'No, really, he does read this book...all of the time!"

Atheist Pictures, Images and Photos

Made by Anne Pictures, Images and Photos

husband Pictures, Images and Photos

Science As A Candle in The Dark\" by Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan Pictures, Images and Photos

Bollywood Pictures, Images and Photos

I Love My Children! Pictures, Images and Photos
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-03-2009 - 8:21pm

It makes me sad to think a child would pick the bible as their favorite book, because it has

Disney Sig
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-03-2009 - 11:24pm

Growing up I REALLY liked the stories of Samson and Delilah along with David and Goliath. The way they were told to me wasn't the way the bible told the stories though.

They were written in books which made the stories more appealing and understandable by children.

Also, I was a child who hated stories with unhappy endings so I always threw fits until people told me stories with happy endings. In the versions I was told David became friends with Goliath and Samson and Delilah got married and lived happily ever after.