Anyone see Angels & Demons?

iVillage Member
Anyone see Angels & Demons?
Wed, 06-03-2009 - 10:50pm
Dh & I saw it and really liked it. Imo, it is not anti-Religion at all. But I don't want to go into my opinion because it would ruin the movie for those who want to see the movie but haven't yet.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-03-2009 - 11:16pm
I personally hated it and I found everything incredibly predictable. There was never a moment where I said, "Woah! I didn't see that coming."

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-04-2009 - 1:11am

RATS!
I haven't seen it yet. A friend and I are going to see it next week.
If you have seen it, have you also read the book?

I thought the book was very entertaining.

Atheist Pictures, Images and Photos

Made by Anne Pictures, Images and Photos

husband Pictures, Images and Photos

Science As A Candle in The Dark\" by Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan Pictures, Images and Photos

Bollywood Pictures, Images and Photos

I Love My Children! Pictures, Images and Photos
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-04-2009 - 8:29am

Nah... I haven't read the book. I just watched it and thought, "Wow. That was predictable." I thought the same thing about Terminator Salvation.

The most interesting thing about Angels and Demons to me was the Catholic Archives. Just imagining that many secrets permanently stowed away from human eyes was amazing. I wondered how much the real archives would match the one shown in the movie. The catholic church is well known for destroying scientific achievements and hushing any opposition to the church. The movie made me wonder how many 'truths' they kept v/s destroying.

That was not critical to the movie in any way, but it made me think a lot about reality. They could have centuries of valuable knowledge and we'll never see it or know about it.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-04-2009 - 11:00am
I haven't seen it but have read it. I love the theories behind it and DaVinci code. :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-04-2009 - 12:45pm

I LOVED "The Da Vinci Code." Religious groups were FREAKING OUT. Even though it was well known the book was a work of fiction, nutjobs were terrified of the book.

They produced a horde of movies and books aimed at disproving what was written in, "The Da Vinci Code." I mean seriously, who the hell writes a book or produces a movie to combat admitted works of fiction?

The only thing the book claimed to be true was artwork, architecture, documents and secret rituals.

Example:
http://www.davincidelusion.tv/

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-04-2009 - 1:36pm

"I mean seriously, who the hell writes a book or produces a movie to combat admitted works of fiction?"

People who believe other works of fiction are reality! :)

I do want to see the movie, but as a lazy movie-goer will probably end up renting it.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-18-2009 - 3:25am

"People who believe other works of fiction are reality! :)"

RIGHT!
LOL

Atheist Pictures, Images and Photos

Made by Anne Pictures, Images and Photos

husband Pictures, Images and Photos

Science As A Candle in The Dark\" by Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan Pictures, Images and Photos

Bollywood Pictures, Images and Photos

I Love My Children! Pictures, Images and Photos
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-18-2009 - 10:36am
I didn't think the first movie was very good, so I hadn't really considered watching this one.
Photobucket