Steve Harvey on atheists

iVillage Member
Steve Harvey on atheists
Thu, 06-18-2009 - 9:54am

apparently we have no 'moral barometer' and are 'idiots' for believing that the universe came from a 'gastreous ball'!

http://www.isabigot.com/2009/06/new-steve-harvey-video-on-larry-king-where-he-calls-atheists-idiots/

Steve Harvey has continued his assault on atheism while promoting his new book Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man. During his appearance on the Larry King show, he reiterated his claim that atheists have no moral barometer, but then went further, calling atheists “idiots”, and said if he finds out someone is an atheist, “I just walk away.”

Steve went on to ridicule non-theistic ideas about the origin of the universe, saying “you just can’t tell me this spun out of a gastreous ball.” He then offered this scathing indictment of the theory of evolution: “all of a sudden then we were evolved from monkeys - why we still got monkeys?”

If anyone has stumbled across Steve’s book, we’d be keen to follow up on the passages where he apparently recommends women stay away from atheists.

Transcript:

JB: … making people laugh is a great thing…

SH: It’s a… it’s an amazing blessing from God, it really is.

JB: … which reminds me, speaking of God. You say in the book that, uh, you wouldn’t go out with a woman… I guess a woman should not go out with a man who doesn’t believe in God.

SH: Nah, I mean why would you?

JB: Well… well, do you believe that only people who are religious are ethical and moral?

SH: No, I just believe that if you don’t believe in God, then where’s your moral barometer? That’s just me talking…

JB: … I understand you, yeah…

SH: … you can believe what you want to believe, but if you’re an atheist you’re basing your goodness and morality on what? I mean, but what is an atheist? I don’t… I don’t really get into that. You know why? I’ve talked to people all the time– “I’m an atheist!”—I just walk away. I don’t know what to say to you, you know?

JB: Well, an atheist is someone who doesn’t quite believe in… that there is somebody out there… some “God” out there.

SH: Well, then to me you’re an idiot…

JB: Okay, well…

SH: … so I’m cool with that—

JB: But—

SH: I’m, I’m just–

JB: –that’s fine–

SH: –probably not the right ‘politically correct’–

JB: –Nonono–

SH: –thing to say, but if you don’t believe in God, then really you’ve got to have an explanation for this, and you just can’t tell me this spun out of a gastreous ball–

JB: Yeah.

SH: –then all of a sudden then we were evolved from monkeys—why we still got monkeys? There’s too much open here. I just believe that, and if you don’t believe that, then I don’t like talking to you.

JB: I see, okay. Listen—listen—it’s fine with me—

SH: Can you say it on ol’ Larry King?

JB: You can say it on any show–

SH: Okay, okay, okay…

JB: ‘Cause it’s a free country, thank goodness.

SH: It is.

<Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-18-2009 - 10:18am
I think I just threw up in my mouth. He is such an a$$hole. Anything to make money.
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-18-2009 - 10:26am

"then all of a sudden then we were evolved from monkeys—why we still got monkeys?"

If you ask that, well, then to me you’re an idiot….

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-19-2009 - 8:41am
Wow. You know I asked myself the same question when I was a believer, then I used my brain and my ability to read and learn to discover the answer.
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-23-2009 - 8:59pm

LOL

I would pay good money to see Steve Harvey vs. Bill Maher on Larry King Live.

My SignaturePhotobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-24-2009 - 12:10am
What is also surprising is that Joy Behar doesn't sound like a moron.
I'm sorry, but she usually does.
Atheist Pictures, Images and Photos

Made by Anne Pictures, Images and Photos

husband Pictures, Images and Photos

Science As A Candle in The Dark\" by Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan Pictures, Images and Photos

Bollywood Pictures, Images and Photos

I Love My Children! Pictures, Images and Photos
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-24-2009 - 5:31pm
Ooooohhhh...that would be good.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-25-2009 - 12:44am

a gastreous ball

(eye roll)

Atheist Pictures, Images and Photos

Made by Anne Pictures, Images and Photos

husband Pictures, Images and Photos

Science As A Candle in The Dark\" by Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan Pictures, Images and Photos

Bollywood Pictures, Images and Photos

I Love My Children! Pictures, Images and Photos