A Different Point of View?

iVillage Member
A Different Point of View?
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 5:24am

Hi, I'm new to this board, my nickname is Yaya, and my parents have raised me atheist since I was very little. By a different point a view I meant that of the child, rather than the parents. I'm hoping I can join you ladies and provide my point of view for you ladies. I enjoy my life and am very thankful to my parents for choosing to raise me atheist. However, we (my parents and I) made the decision for me to go to private school for middle school (and i'm in a private high school now), and it was a very hard transition. I've had to bite down on my tongue a number of times because of my disagreements with the church and their teachings. Now I do have friends who practice their religions, and they've never tried to force it onto me, but they are kind of mistified by the idea of an athiest.

~Yaya

Me
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 12:17pm
Hello and welcome. Your view may not be that different from a lot of us since many of us (myself included) were also raised without religion or by atheist parents. But I hope I speak for everyone when I say you're more than welcome to join in the conversations here!
siggy
siggy
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 5:29pm

Welcome to the board!

Disney Sig
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 8:44pm
Welcome Yaya!
This board is quite nice, a bit slow, but nice!
Please feel free to start any conversation you wish...I would LOVE to have more action here.
And I'm glad you found us.
Peace,
Karen
 Too Hard For God