Do Lawsuits Help Our Cause?

iVillage Member
Do Lawsuits Help Our Cause?
Wed, 07-21-2010 - 10:16pm

Just thought I'd put something up for discussion to get the board moving.

Disney Sig
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-23-2010 - 8:57pm

I see two message deleted notices.

Disney Sig
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-25-2010 - 1:39am

On one hand prayer shouldn't be part of any kind of government meetings. Especially for Church/ State issues!?

However I can see the headlines now- "Athiests are trying to take away our religion!"

Mention that it's

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-25-2010 - 10:27pm

<>

How I long to see a headline like:

"Religious Right hate Article VI of the Constitution and the Firts Admendment".

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 11:09am

I dont know what happened there. One of those that were deleted was mine. The second one I was never able to read because it...along with mine...was deleted...???

I dont THINK I said anything offensive in my message and I have no idea who posted the second one.

Photobucket

Lisa
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 2:03pm

I believe that one of mine was deleted and it certainly wasn't offensive.

Karen

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-28-2010 - 2:28pm

I think most of them hurt more than they help. I believe lawsuits should be saved for when religion is truely invasive. Let's not use up all our good-will on big crosses that are part of memorials (which is the big, on-going lawsuit in our county.) I'd much rather use it to get rid of the idiot subs and my kid's middle school that use every chance they have to tell kids that evolution was disproven and that Jesus is answer to all (though we didn't need a lawsuit for that at least!) Those subs had more influence and control in my own daily life than the big cross I'd have to cross the county and drive up a hill to see.

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-29-2010 - 1:21pm
I think a little bit of both. It fires the Christians up far and wide to speak up and fight against it. But then there are the quiet Atheists who sit back and see how ridiculous they are acting because of a little injustice (they think). It strengthens both sides when there are lawsuits. But also, I think we should never stop fighting for an equal place in society. I recently watched a movie-can't remember the name-and I'm paraphrasing here, the person said "the group who is the loudest gets to shape the society". I think this couldn't be more true!