THANK YOU

iVillage Member
THANK YOU
Sat, 04-12-2003 - 7:48am
Thanks so much for the information. I did not know there may be a problem associated with that type of carrier or any carrier for that matter. I guess I'll have to do a little research along with checking out your other recommendations. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Heather

iVillage Member
In reply to: happywithfour
Sat, 04-12-2003 - 3:50pm
Heather, sorry I didn't get a chance to post to your original message but thought I'd offer my two cents. I used the Baby Bjorn with my large firstborn (also 17 lb by 3 months). Support-wise it worked great and I felt very confident that he was secure. I wound up not using it very much, though, because for a quick trip or to chase after someone or whatever, it was kind of a pain to get on and off. Maybe I just needed more practice, but I found it to involve more steps than I'd like. Also, I think the weight limit was closer to 32 pounds but don't know for sure.

Now that I have #2 (another large baby boy), I use the fleece adjustable pouch from www.kangarookorner.com It's a lifesaver and very comfortable and super easy...great for throwing on and sticking my youngest in so I can chase my 2 year old, LOL. I tried some of the other slings but preferred the very simple design of the fleece pouch (not so much fabric to try to wade through and no rings or adjusters to fix each time). For hotter weather, I also have a cotton sling very similar to the fleece one. It's a New Native. I know, if you're concerned about the cost, that there are patterns for these slings or similar slings available. Some of the women on this board might even know. I, personally, can't sew to save my life, LOL, so went ahead and bought mine. :)

Anyhow, hope that helps!

Amanda

iVillage Member
In reply to: happywithfour
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 2:31pm
i think the bjorn weight limit is around 30 lbs, but most people find it too uncomfortable for much more than 18 lbs. With a little practice, it is very easy to get on and off, but it does take practice. I love fleece slings too!

Sara
WAH Momma to Nicholas 4-7-01 and Katherine 3-9-05

Baby Slings