SOOO many choices

iVillage Member
SOOO many choices
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 4:18am
I hope I am not crossing the line, if so I apologize before hand. But if it's ok to ask this... there are so many styles to choose from. Does anyone have a retired baby wearing contraption they would be willing to sell for very cheap. I'm overwhelmed to say the least by all the different ones and would like to try some out before I invest. Doesn't matter if it's stained or suffers from too much washing, anything would be appreciated because it would be aroung the house to get a feel for it. I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone using a carrier/sling/wrap/hammock/OTSBH so this is new territoy for me.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 4:15pm
i've never used or seen a KK fleece pouch, but I know a lot of people here use them and love them. My fleece sling/pouches aren't adjustable. They are tight tube type slings, with elastic around the edges, very snug fitting. I use mine with my 2 year old, he weighs 27 lbs. We mostly use the hip carry, but I've used it nursing and in sort of a kangaroo carry (front facing with his legs crossed). I can push him to my back for short periods of time if he is getting grabby ;)

I have a web page showing some pictures and some very basic instructions (they are sort of hard to follow, but if you sew, you might be able to figure them out)..let me know if you would like a link, or email me and i'll send it to you..it is very easy to make, but the measurements are off--because everyone is different sized and likes thier sling to fit differently. I personally like mine tight so my hands are free.

sara.gower@attbi.com

Sara
WAH Momma to Nicholas 4-7-01 and Katherine 3-9-05

Baby Slings

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 3:06pm
I'm sorry for nosing right in on this one. I seem to be good at doing that. Anyway, I was just curious about the fleece slings you make. I've noticed all the posts praising the Kangaroo Korner's Adjustible Fleece Pouches & I've been sort of debating about getting one. I've also entertained thoughts of trying to make one. I think that you have one of the Adjustible Fleece Pouches, don't you? Are your slings similar? Or am I confused and a sling isn't the same as a pouch? Do your slings work with bigger babies? My DS is probably getting close to 25 pounds. Is the fleece not too hot in the summertime? Do you highly recommend KK's AFP & does it work well with a bigger baby?? I think I'm running a distant 2nd to you on the number of baby carriers/slings!! Thanks in advance for any info you can give!
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 2:29pm
is there one in particular you are looking for? I make fleece slings, and would sell one to you for cost of materials plus shipping. I also have a new NOJO padded sling that i got at a thrift store very cheap ($5!)...I would ship it to you for that plus shipping cost. email me if you are interested (sara.gower@attbi.com)

Please don't remove this post..this is NOT spam, i'm not making any money off selling these items, i just need to get rid of them and would love to help another AP mommy while doing it ;) I have way too many carriers

Sara
WAH Momma to Nicholas 4-7-01 and Katherine 3-9-05

Baby Slings

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 12:45pm
I don't have extras but know that newnativebaby.com has a discounts and factory seconds section that are structurally safe but discounted 30% etc....I used the new native until etta was 4 mos and have just switched to the maya wrap for her (i like new native best for newborns and the maya for older babies). Also check ebay.com heres a link to one i saw this morning...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2317567835&category=20412

there are a whole bunch under "maya sling" too...starting at 4-

HTH's!