Pouch slings... Which one??

iVillage Member
Pouch slings... Which one??
Wed, 10-13-2004 - 3:30pm
Hi!

I am in the market for a sling and think I would like the pouch style the best. I have a 4 week old who wants to be held all the time and my arms are starting to kill me! I have looked at several online and wondered which one people like the best.

The ones I have looked at are the Hotsling, Kangaroo Korner adjustable fleece and the Maya wrap pouch. I am confused by the adjustable feature, is this neccessary? The material does not really bother me, we live in Virginia so I can wear fleece and not get too hot.

Any opinions, advice would be so helpful to me!

Alicia

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-13-2004 - 3:55pm
If you are going to be sharing 1 pouch with another person then the adjustable pouches make a lot of sense. If the pouch is going to be only for your use then a fitted pouch might work better for you. The pouches from hotslings seem to be a big hit with many people around here, I don't have one so I can't say anything from experience.

ivsig

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-14-2004 - 9:03am
I have a Maya pouch and I like it very much. The only problem I have with it is that it is kind of hot-- the baby gets a little too warm in there, and so do I. But if you live in a place with cold winters, that might be a good thing!

I would say get the adjustable one. I've found that as the baby grows, I'm wearing it on a different setting for different holds.

Just my 2 cents worth!

Llyra

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-16-2004 - 10:45am
I have a cotton pouch from Kangaroo Korner and I LOVE it! I've used it since James was a newborn and he is now 8 months old and it is still the carrier I reach for over and over again. I like it because it rides a little higher than some of the other slings and I find this more comfortable. I don't have one of their fleece ones but I have a good friend who loves hers.