OMG Wraps ROCK!!

iVillage Member
OMG Wraps ROCK!!
Thu, 10-14-2004 - 10:21am
Wow! I have worn DS since he was born, in pouch and ring slings, and in a bjorn... a lady on my other board posted about her wrap, and oh my gosh! It's the best thing EVER! I adore it! And wow was it easy... all you need is a piece of fabric about 4-7 yards long and 30 ish inches wide (lightweight cotton gauze works best) and you just tie it around yourself... it looked all complicated in her pictures but I tried it at home and LOVED it! Ben was so comfy, I was so comfy, and I can't get over how easy it was. Woo hoo I have a new favorite sling!!

Caryn

Benjamin 12/17/03

p.s here is a site about them if anyone's interested.

oops wrong link! its www.mamatoto.org

Edited 10/14/2004 10:25 am ET ET by caryj21
iVillage Member
In reply to: caryj21
Thu, 10-14-2004 - 12:47pm
I have heard that wraps are great, but never tried one. I live in south Louisiana and the thought of layers of fabric around me is almost enough to give me a heat stroke! I have recently made several mei tais that have a lot of the adjustability of a wrap, but not near as much fabric. I have gotten a large number of compliments on my black and dark purple satin one that I need to get pictures of. Having straps over both shoulders and wrapped around you and baby and a waist strap to keep you both safe and secure is a whole new world from slings!

ivsig

iVillage Member
In reply to: caryj21
Thu, 10-14-2004 - 3:38pm
Whats a mei tai? Sounds interesting... I live on the Mississippi gulf coast, the fabric I use for the wrap is super lightweight!