Just had to share

iVillage Member
Just had to share
Thu, 10-28-2004 - 12:26am
Hi! I am pretty new to this board - mostly a lurker because I'm not completely AP. I wanted to ebf, but my ds was not gaining weight so we had to start supplementing with formula about a week ago (he is 4 weeks old now). Also, we don't co-sleep except for afternoon naps, when I lay ds down in our bed and lay down with him to get in a little nap. Anyway, I wanted to post about an experience I had while carrying Isaac in his Snugli. He had an appointment with the LC for a weight check, and I decided to put him in his Snugli instead of the carseat carrier to go up to the 3rd floor of the hospital. I was amazed at how many people looked at me like they had never seen anything like it before (some even said as much). They all thought is was really neat though. I was amazed because you see the carriers everywhere, but you don't see many people around here that actually use them.

Janice and Isaac (9/29/04)

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-28-2004 - 11:24am
Hi and welcome! I get lots of looks and comments with my sling, also. But I wanted tolet ou know that formula and cribs don't exclude you from AP at all- AP is about a state of mind/belief system, not following an edict. There have been lots of past threads on this- maybe check them out. Thanks for posting!

Cyndy

Talitha, 13, and Charlie 7/19/04

Cyndy

Talitha 5/7/91 and Charlie 7/19/04

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-28-2004 - 12:32pm
Thanks for the welcome, and the reassurance. After reading a lot of the posts on this board, I am just hoping I can have the relationship with my son that a lot of you seem to have with your children.

Janice

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-29-2004 - 4:41am
Hi

after reading your little story i thot of sharing something that my dh encountered.

a few sundays ago in church, i was carrying marcus in a sling and because he's getting quite chunky and heavy, i passed him to dh abt halfway through (my shoulder was aching!).

so there was dh with marcus fast asleep in the sling, swaying a little listening to the message. one mom remarked that he looked so comfortable and was such an "expert" with the sling. when the service was winding down, i left to pick dd up from her sunday school class and i came back to find dh up in the nursery showing this other mom how to use her sling. she said she had bought it but wasn't sure how to use it. dh was beaming with pride abt it the rest of teh day and was so proud the next week when he saw the mom slinging her baby!

Just thot I'd share.

EeLin

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-31-2004 - 11:12pm
I KWYM!

Photobucket