Slings aid democracy!

iVillage Member
Slings aid democracy!
Mon, 11-01-2004 - 9:03am
I voted Friday and had to stand in line 1 ½ hours…DD was awesome…I had her in the sling and since it was in a grocery store as the line moved along I just let her investigate little packages or things...she was a champ! I had hoped she would just fall asleep, but she won’t sleep in the sling anymore…I know she was tired and that’s probably why she didn’t “insist” on getting down. Anyway, I know if she had been in the stroller we would probably have had melt down about 15 minutes into the line, but all was well and I got to cast my ballot!
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-01-2004 - 2:23pm
Congratulations on voting! In the future you could tell your little one, you had taken her with you when you cast your ballot in 2004, and she was a part of democracy in action!

We don't have early voting here in Illinois; I always get excited about voting, but with this election it's insane how much I'm looking forward to it!

--Christina

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-02-2004 - 10:51am
I wore Chaeli to vote in our federal election too. (I'm a Canuck).

Dh took a picture of us outside the gym (voted at a school).

We wanted to take her picture while I was putting the ballot in the box but they said no. Oh well, at least she'll know she was there!

Becca

nursling Chaeli Ann 4.11.4

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-03-2004 - 11:52am
I wore Melia yesterday evening when we went with my DH after work...She was the hit of the polling place jibber jabbering and smiling at everyone...Everyone commented on how comfy she looked and how sweet she was...Dh was gonna take our picture of her pulling the levers on the kids machine (she was tuggin on one of em) but the machine was inside and they too said no...They gave her a sticker on her overalls and one for me for her book...She was a hoot at the restaraunt we went to bc of her I Voted Today sticker...LOL....She wasn't too into NIP at that time so I ended up takin most of my food home...It was ok...She had a long day.....;)

Gianna and nursling Melia 4/23/04