anybody have the ergo carrier?

iVillage Member
anybody have the ergo carrier?
Mon, 11-08-2004 - 1:49pm
just wondering if they liked it i just ordered one b/c someone suggested it but now i'm thinking its too bulky...but i like the hood for sleeping..dd likes to be worn down
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-08-2004 - 2:34pm
Too bulky how? I have one and absolutely love it. Son squeals in delight when he sees me putting it on. He's almost 24lbs now and I can still wear him in it no problem at all. I plan on wearing him around San Francisco again when we go for my b-day in a few weeks. I did that last April and we both enjoyed it. I don't find it bulky. It isn't as easy to fold up as a sling but that hasn't been a problem for me. They do have a satisfaction guarantee.

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-09-2004 - 1:27pm

We have had ours for 8 months and DD loves it. What part is too bulky? You can fold it up pretty easily to fit in its little carrying case. That was the only carrier DH would use for a long time (until he realized it was easier to sling a 23lb baby than not). I wear mine for hours at a time and it is wonderful. I am a walking advertisement I have had several people ask me where they can get one. I need to start carrying business cards for Ergo LOL!

Here is DD sleeping in the front carry in July (edited to add: You can't tell at first but my wallet and a 12oz Dasani water bottle are in the pocket on the front of the carrier that pocket rocks!)

Edited 11/9/2004 1:30 pm ET ET by marahjadesmom
Aimee Mom to Marah Jade (5) and Quinlan (22 months)
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-09-2004 - 3:12pm
great picture...i do love the fact that she sleeps in it very well..maybe its the waist belt that i need to get used to i know dh loves it- maybe i need more practice, the native carrier folds much easier but she's too big for it.
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-13-2004 - 11:20pm
I have one and I LOVE it. We went through quite a bit to find the right carrier. Started with a Snugli, but didn't like the lack of back support for DD. Got a Maya Wrap, but Briana HATED lying down in it, especially when it engulfed her. She'd cry when she saw me put it on. (We have since started using it again, now that she holds her head up. She sits in the kangaroo carry until I can wear her on my hip.) After the Maya Wrap, we got the Ergo carrier, along with the infant insert, and BINGO! I love that it goes over both shoulders, and the waist support is awesome. I carried her for three hours straight at a museum and never felt like I was even carrying anything. I'll keep using this until she lets me know she's had enough. Highly recommend it.

Jess & Briana, born 5/19/04

peter pan siggy