Anyone have a Sachi Carrier (mei tei)?

iVillage Member
Anyone have a Sachi Carrier (mei tei)?
Tue, 11-16-2004 - 9:08pm

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has a Sachi Mei Tei Carrier. I just ordered one based on the reviews. I was wanting an Ergo, but the price kind of pointed me to another direction. I was also attracted to the fact that the mei tei carriers look much easier to fold up like my hotslings.

Do the mei tei carriers hurt your back or shoulder area? How long can you carry your baby in one?

TIA
Abigail

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-16-2004 - 9:25pm

Hi, I don't have a Sachi mei tai, but I do have a couple mei tais that from the ones I make. We toted my soon to be 3 year old 38lb dd around at a craft fair Sunday afternoon and I never had any problems with back or shoulder issues. That is even with the fact that I have a bad shoulder from an injury years ago. Now my dh did have problems after about a half hour to an hour, but that was due to not having the carrier on correctly. The carrier was too loose and dd was able to lean back away from him putting all her weight right on his shoulders instead of it being distributed through his body as it would be if the carrier was done up correctly. After I started carrying dd I had her on my front for about another hour and was not bothered by her weight at all and could have carried her longer, but we were leaving then so didn't need to.

ivsig