Wow-I just got my first sling!

iVillage Member
Wow-I just got my first sling!
Mon, 11-29-2004 - 10:20pm
I popped on over here from the Sept 04 playgroup board. I've been an attachment parent with my two youngest, even though I really didn't know it until recently, I was just following my instincts.
Well, the Snugli I had with DS#2 was worn out before I ever had Emma. We've been broke so I've been just carrying her around (she's 9 weeks right now). Well, I finally broke down and got a front carrier and a sling. I wasn't sure if she'd like the sling (its just the Infantino one from Target), but she LOVED it! And wow is it great to have my arms back!
I just have a question: I am a fairly short and small person, and even with the strap tightened all the way, I still feel like it is too big for me. Is there anything I can do to help this, or is this just the type of sling I got? Any suggestions? Thanks SO much!

<
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-29-2004 - 11:25pm
I actually had not seen one of those in person so I just pulled it up online to take a look. Based on what I see at the Target website the design would make it difficult to adjust it properly for either a smaller person or a larger person. A simple unpadded ring sling is your best bet for adjustability and you can find many of them at the price I saw online or cheaper then that. For info wearing your sling www.thebabywearer.com is your best place to go. If you are interested in possibly trying a different sort of sling at a great price you could probably check out the Flea Market board

ivsig