LOVE my new Hip Hammock

iVillage Member
LOVE my new Hip Hammock
Wed, 12-01-2004 - 1:30pm
I used a ring sling when Leah was a newborn, transitioned to a Baby Bjorn, but now she is so heavy, I bought a hip hammock to use, and I LOVE it!

~Elaine~
Co-community leader~Attachment Parenting Board

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-02-2004 - 9:09am

Me too! I got one to replace bjorn too. Just took him out as it was cold but not windy here in chicago yesterday. bundled him in his coat and hat and zipped my parka over the both of us and took a nice nippy walk.

it was great!

doreen

(btw - I bought mine on ebay - paid about the same as a new playtx one, but got cool print fabric from when they were made by Swanke = they sold patent to playtex, but made them in denim, hemp, prints etc....) they get a pretty good action on ebay, so you wont get a good deal, but more options in fabrics.

Doreen

Tom’s Wife and Chuckies’ Mom

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-02-2004 - 3:32pm

What is a hip hammock?

Joy & Jadzia 10/14/04

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-03-2004 - 9:42am

here is the playtex ad for it. it was invented by a regular mom - i think her name is nancy swanke - she sold her patent to Playtex and now only they make it, and only in black.

http://www.playtexbaby.com/hiphammock/

it is really a easy thing to use when the babies get a little older - they can look forwards, backwards, and best of all - right into your face! So when you are walkinng you can have a conversation WITH eye contact!

doreen

Doreen

Tom’s Wife and Chuckies’ Mom