Anyone try the EllaRoo Podaegi Korean..

iVillage Member
Anyone try the EllaRoo Podaegi Korean..
Wed, 12-08-2004 - 2:44pm

Hi,

I saw this carrier on peppermint.com and was wondering if anyone had ever tried it. I like the idea of a back carrier so I can get stuff done and attend to my toddler. I already have a maya wrap which is pretty good but sometimes not so comfortable and the back position cant be used till they are much older.

TIA

Linda
Zoe 18 mos
Girl #2 due 5/13

Linda, Zoe Simone 5/9/03, Talia Rose 5/6/05

"...to do a barely good enough job as parents is the most we can h

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-08-2004 - 5:22pm
I have not tried a podaegi yet, but I do have several mei tais that I use for back carries with my dd and I love them! My understanding is that you can do similar carries with both products, but the mei tai has the straps coming off the blanket part which is generally smaller. I'll attach a pic of my current favorite mei tai so you can see what I mean. Sorry the picture isn't the greatest I am planning to get some much better pictures of that in action this weekend so I can get them up on my website. All in all I think this type of carrier is great for back carries once you get it figured out. Also wraps are supposed to be really good for back carries, I have not tried those yet either LOL

ivsig

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-09-2004 - 2:33pm

Kristina,

I saw those too and was curious about them. They are so pretty and I like their simplicity. Do you find it comfortable for long periods? Also what age can you start using it???

Thanks for the picture!

Linda :)

Linda, Zoe Simone 5/9/03, Talia Rose 5/6/05

"...to do a barely good enough job as parents is the most we can h

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-09-2004 - 9:09pm
Linda, I have only been using a mei tai since my dd was about 2.5 years and around 35lbs. I have carried her in one for about 2 hours at a time. My mei tai has padded straps so I think that probably helps with the comfort issue. I have not been lucky enough to have a little baby to try using a mei tai with, but from what I have heard talking with other people is that they can be used pretty much from birth. In about 2 weeks I will be trying that out with a friend's newborn and borrowing him for some pictures too. I've just finished up another mei tai that I need to get pictures of, it is a dark blue for the outside color with the inside and straps in ivory. I am really loving how these are looking!

ivsig