Need a position for a wrap sling...

iVillage Member
Need a position for a wrap sling...
Fri, 08-12-2005 - 2:28pm

My daughter is two months old and has excellent head control for her age. She didn't like the Bjorn I used with DS and so I purchased a 3.1m Storchenwiege wrap since it seemed to be more versatile. She needs to be held so much more than DS did. I've tried the Kangaroo carry and a wrap cross carry. She doesn't like having her face so close to my chest. She rubs her head back and forth and starts fussing. So I'm hoping it's the wrap style and not the carrier itself. She hates the stroller and car seat too. I'm nearing the end of my rope since I'd like to get out and have my arms free without all the tears associated with not being held the right way. She loves facing out being held over my hip with my arm around her tummy. Any suggestions about how to wrap her?

Also, does anyone have the Dr. Blois book? Would you suggest purchasing it?

Thanks,
Kassandra
Mommy to Ian 2-18-03 and Ainsley 6-8-05

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-12-2005 - 3:22pm

I don't know much about wraps, do you ever post at thebabywearer.com? There is a board just for wraps there, I KNOW someone there can help you!

http://www.thebabywearer.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=58&sid=93c2577a8c49ccdcd8fd7b9c51ab8fc6

Sara
WAH Momma to Nicholas 4-7-01 and Katherine 3-9-05

Baby Slings

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-13-2005 - 1:36pm

I used a cross wrap low around my hips and sorta loose so I could face dd out and let her rest on my hips( I had it loose enough I could shift her from side to side depending on which hand i needed to use) I started this at three months I only get one hand free but its better than nothing.

hope it helps