Warm sling/pouch for winter baby?

iVillage Member
Warm sling/pouch for winter baby?
Thu, 08-18-2005 - 1:50am

I'm expecting my 3rd baby in October near Halloween. I live in the desert, southern utah so it doesn't get really cold and doesn't snow. I have ordered a fleece bunting for my baby. I own a flannel maya wrap I got off ebay for my second baby from a WAHM. I don't like it much, though because the seam on the shoulder where the fabric is sewn together is way too thick and makes a bulge that digs into my shoulder. I have a homemade thin lightweight maya wrap that I made from the directions on their website, but the fabric slips a bit too much. I made it from a cotton tapestry I had. Then I have my old worn out OTSBH leftover from my baby days with my oldest DD, who is 3.5.

So anyway, I am considering getting a fleece pouch for this winter baby. I will be attending a few functions in December - a craft festival, a tree festival and gala fundraising dinner. These will all be indoors, but still feel a fleece sling or pouch would be ideal. Any recommendations? Or should I just order a real Maya wrap and dress the baby warmer? I will need to nurse in public at these events and thought a ring sling would definately be more discreet. I just worry about my baby getting cold, especially while taking our girls to see Santa Claus and stuff like that. I'm also a bit of a fleece addict (so in love with my Fuzzi Bunz and Old Navy fleece sweaters! lol)

Thanks for any advice!

Jenn
DD #1 - 1/16/02
DD #2 - 2/8/04
EDD #3 - 10/20/05

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-18-2005 - 11:11am

My DS was born Oct. 28, and he spent much of the first 4 months in a Kangaroo Korner adjustable fleece pouch.

Elizabeth
Mama to Maggie and Liam

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-18-2005 - 1:35pm

Thanks, I think I will go ahead and order a fleece pouch. I might order a dressier maya wrap if I need something for formal Christmas functions (I do like the tail for nursing in public since I'm so big busted).

The fleece just looks so warm and cuddly. And ebay has some burgandy ones for cheap right now that would be great for this holiday season.

Thanks again!

Jenn