Help!!! Ergo driving me crazy!

iVillage Member
Help!!! Ergo driving me crazy!
Wed, 10-05-2005 - 2:46pm

i am having so much trouble figuring my ergo out. the front carry is really comfy, but the straps around the shoulders constantly slip off. my ds is not secure unless i hold him in. what am i doing wrong? i have looked at the website, but it doesnt show what the back should look like. it seems the straps should somehow be connected back there so they dont slip off the shoulder.

any one know what i mean? it is sooo frustrating because i paid 100 bucks and want to use this carrier. i misplaced the intructiuons that came with it so maybe that is what i need.

TIA if anyone can help!

elainejpeg.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-05-2005 - 3:02pm

I just got my Ergo a few weeks back -- and yes, there is a small, black, buckle type strap that connects both of the shoulderstraps together. When i have it in front, the buckle is right behind my lower neck -- so I can connect it myself while wearing my son. When I have him on the back, it is right below my neck in the front.

I hope you find it! It is really essential!

Tracy

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-05-2005 - 3:39pm

hi tracy,

thanks for your help. i looked at my ergo and i do have a shorter black strap on one shoulder strap but no ton the other, so im not sure what it is supposed to connect to.

so do you have a black strap on each arm strap?

thanks again,

elainejpeg.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-05-2005 - 4:41pm

Yeah -- I have one on each side -- so they snap together. If you don't have one on each strap, contact the company and I am sure they will replace the Ergo. I hope you can find it!

--Tracy

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-05-2005 - 8:20pm

Tracy,

I found that other black piece. It was still in the package, must have slipped off or something. Yay, I am so happy. Thanks for your post, I wouldn't have known otherwise. Dh is wearing ben in the ergo

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-06-2005 - 11:19am

Hi Elaine,

You can download a copy of the instructions online:
http://www.ergobabycarrier.com/instructions.html

HTH

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-06-2005 - 1:48pm
thank you so much. i finally figured it out, the front position is really easy to do alone ;o)

elainejpeg.jpg

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-06-2005 - 7:23pm

If you fasten the waist belt a little loose then pull one shoulder strap up onto your shoulder you can put your child on your oppisite hip and then reach under the shoulder strap that is on your arm, grab your childs foot and slide it through the space between the shoulder strap and the seat then lean forward and pull the other shoulder strap up then you can stand up, let your child settle into the seat and then tighten the straps and fasten the chest strap its easy to do the back carry yourself if you practice once or twice. ( I practiced on my knees on my comfortor on the floor for padding just incase.