Cyndy -- Thanks for the Ergo recommend!

iVillage Member
Cyndy -- Thanks for the Ergo recommend!
Sat, 10-08-2005 - 10:53pm

Cyndy (and others) -- Thanks so much for the recommendation for the Ergo carrier for my nearly 24-lb. daughter (recently home from Russia.) I got it on Wednesday and, in my opinion, it's paid for itself already. She loves it. I love it. Even my DH loves it.

I've worn it for several hours each day and feel great. And we've really noticed a big difference in her "floor time" since we've had it. She seems a lot more content to play/explore after she's been carried for a few hours -- rather than always fussing to be picked up. The hands-free aspect also allows me to be able to interact with my 5 year old son a lot more, too. That Ergo carrier is the best-kept secret in baby merchandise! :)

Thanks again!

A new Ergo convert,
Kim
----
mom to Alex, born 9/00, adopted 10/01 in Krasnoyarsk region, Russia and Elena, born 5/04, adopted 9/05 in Moscow Region, Russia.

Photobucket
Kim, mom to Lus
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2005 - 7:43am
You are most welcome!

Cyndy

Talitha 5/7/91 Charlie 7/19/04

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-10-2005 - 4:12pm
Kim congrats on your new little one. How is your son enjoying being a big brother?
Susan Mom to Jonathan b11/01 adopted Moscow region 9/24 02
Joshua b to us 05/22/04
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-10-2005 - 7:52pm

Thanks so much Susan,

DS is doing wonderfully. I was really expecting a lot of jealousy (he's used to undivided attention), but he's really stepped up to the plate. He's really good with her -- and really good at being the "big boy" and helping out. He's very proud to tell everyone he's the big brother.

Yesterday was a bit tough (maybe the "honeymoon" is over) and when I finally sat him down to talk about it he said he wanted her to "go away" and he didn't want to be five anymore. He wants to be three. I think he needed a little extra mommy cuddle time. I gave it to him and today was much, much better. In fact, we had a wonderful day.

Hope everyone's well at your house, too. :)
Kim

Photobucket
Kim, mom to Lus