Which ring sling do you like best?

iVillage Member
Which ring sling do you like best?
Fri, 10-21-2005 - 3:24pm

I am in the market for a sling. I have been using a Snugli but it is just too hard to get in & out of when I'm alone. Xander loves to be carried facing outward

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-21-2005 - 10:20pm

I've only ever used one- my Maya Wrap- and I LOVE it!

Cyndy

Talitha 5/7/91 Charlie 7/19/04

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-22-2005 - 2:00pm

We use an unpadded ring sling. I made my own using the sleeping baby pattern (www.sleepingbaby.com). Originally I made it as a maya wrap, but found it too wide for my newborn. So we adapted Jan's pattern for ourselves. We tried the OTSBH (over the shoulder baby holder) with Solenne, but I had a hard time nursing in a padded sling. I am dying to try out a reboso though.

lots of luck.

~Darci

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-22-2005 - 10:07pm

Hi Lauren,

There is another Lauren with a Xander on ivillage. At first I thought you might be her, but your baby is much too young!! Welcome!

My favourite is the Mama Kangaroo Ring Sling. It is lighter than a maya. You can use the kangaroo position. Here are some pics/positioning for this sling:

http://www.mamankangourou.com/en/slingin.htm

You can order it from the Web site too and I also heard someone else say that they got one of their slings cheaper on an e-bay auction, so you might want to check that out as well.

Good luck!

ANNIE
Attached to trilingual cloth-diapered co-sleeping nursling Noah (9/1/04)

ANNIE
Attached to trilingual co-sleeping nursling Noah

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-23-2005 - 8:02pm
Thanks everyone! I wound up making a ring sling with instructions off mayawrap.com - so far Xander loves it!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-19-2005 - 4:29pm

Hi Darci!

I make my own from www.sleepingbaby.net, too! I've got five right now, including a very nice silk brocade. I love the pleated shoulder and you can make 'em for less than $10. Jan Andrea rocks for putting her pattern online!

Jenny

ps. All my ring slings are non-padded with a pleated shoulder. I order my rings from www.slingrings.com - large aluminum. Give it a try if you have access to a sewing machine, it's a great novice sewing project.