Cute sling story

iVillage Member
Cute sling story
Thu, 08-24-2006 - 10:18pm
Since DH is in Iraq, the neighbor and I have become close. She is my "other mother" as I call it. She makes dinner and I have to make dessert. There are 6 people who live there. Anyways, I helped today by making a pork roast, rice, and brownies. It was time to take it to her house, so I decided to put Rebekkah in the sling and carry her on my back. I went in the living room where Rebekkah was playing and I said, "it's time to be a sling baby!" I put the sling on and when she saw me, Rebekkah threw her toy, crawled to me, put her arms up and started grunting and smiling! It was so cute! She knew she was getting in her sling. So, I put her on and put her on my back. She was laughing the whole time because I would peek at her over my shoulder. I just thought that she was so cute when she got excited about seeing that sling!
Colleen
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-25-2006 - 12:58pm

that is so sweet, makes me very happy! Katie puts her arms up when she sees me put a sling on. She also puts slings on herself, but she puts both arms through and it ends up falling to the floor. She usually ends up sitting down with the sling around her waist, and tries to shove dolls in.

She has been doing something that looks like nursing laying down! She takes a doll and blankets, builds a little nest and lays on her side with the doll facing her, she pats the doll. IT IS TOO CUTE! It is amazing how much different she is at this age from Nicholas. He is such a boy, and she is SO girly. They have the same exact toys, I've raised them the same, but they are so different.

Sara
Momma to Nicholas 4-7-01 and Katherine 3-9-05

Sara
WAH Momma to Nicholas 4-7-01 and Katherine 3-9-05

Baby Slings

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-25-2006 - 2:59pm
Katie sounds so cute! She's not much older than Rebekkah. I can't wait for her to do some of that stuff. I have a friend whose daughter would nurse her dolls. She did not know that babies could drink out of bottles, too. I thought that was soooo cute!!! Also, one of my nieces was intrigued by Rebekkah's nursing. She would always sit by me and ask questions about bf. She and her sisters were all bottlefed. Anyways, one day, she came out of her bedroom and announced to everyone that she had breastfed ALL of her babydolls. She has a TON of babydolls. It was really cute. Maybe she will bf her children when she grows up. I hope so. That's cute about Katie.
Colleen