She likes it!

iVillage Member
She likes it!
Fri, 09-15-2006 - 8:40pm

I got slinglings for me and my dh to put the baby in and she likes them! Hooray! Even though she has been pretty fussy the last couple of days, I know it's definitely not from being in her slings. She even forgets she's upset for a little longer if I rock her or walk with her or give her a change of scenery while she's in it. There have been no screaming-to-be-taken-out incidents.

I'm sooo happy about this! She sits up and looks around at whatever I'm doing, or takes in the scenery when I go out in the yard. She nurses pretty well in it (still getting the hang of it) and it's so sweet because she just sits there looking up into my face with these big, calm eyes the whole time, then smiles when she's done. Aww.

And, it's so great, I actually got dinner in the crock pot even though she was starting to get fussy because she stayed just calm enough to give me time to throw everything together before I had to do the whole guess-what's-making-baby-upset routine. The fabrics are so pretty, too. I can't wait to get some pictures of her so I can post them. :)

Christine

iVillage Member
In reply to: paphia
Sat, 09-16-2006 - 8:36pm

Christine, I am so happy for you!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-18-2006 - 8:29pm
DH and I went for walks twice this weekend - once to the library and once to the grocery store, and she stayed calm and quiet and happy both times. She even fell asleep in the grocery store. I'm sooo happy, I don't feel house bound now. And everyone noticed and commented on how cute she looked and how comfy she seemed in her sling. We're getting our camera fixed and then I'm going to make dh take pictures of us. :3
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-19-2006 - 12:23pm
I am glad you are getting good feedback!
Photobucket