Got a pouch sling! But ....

iVillage Member
Got a pouch sling! But ....
Sun, 10-15-2006 - 10:39pm

... it's a little snug.

It's actually a gift fr a friend. She had bought one size too small for herself and passed it on to me cos I'm a little smaller but it's kinda tight even for me. I can just abt squeeze my 2yo into it for a hip carry for now. It wld work great for a small baby but i doubt i cld nurse in there. Lovely fabric tho!

Any way i can stretch it?? My friend's washed it a couple of times in hot water so i think it's shrunk a little too. Any tips anyone?

Ee Lin

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-15-2006 - 11:57pm

I think the only way to stretch it back out would be to wear it *shrug* Sorry!! Have you tried one of the for sale or trade boards and maybe you could trade it for one that fits you better :)

Piper

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-16-2006 - 12:17am

Yeah, i guessed as much.

Ds likes it once he's in it but getting him in nd out is a bit of a squeeze so I don't like using it if i know he's gonna be in it for a short while only. But for long trips out, it's usually dh who carries him, but the pouch sling is simply too small for dh to use.

There are trade boards? Where?? Care to share? Don't mind looking them up.

Thanks!

Ee Lin

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-16-2006 - 9:58am

babywearer has one and there's one on Yahoo groups too :) I have become addicted with trading/buying/selling carriers!! LOL

Piper

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-18-2006 - 10:19pm

I kept thinking Sara would post on this one...

I have never had a pouch sling, just ring slings, so I don't know how to stretch it.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-19-2006 - 1:47pm

Sorry :)

If the pouch is freshly washed and hasn't been worn much since the last washing, it may stretch out a little with use. You can also get it wet and try stretching it out while wet, actually wear it while it is slightly damp until it is dry, or hang it over something with something heavy in it while it dries (15 lbs of potatos? :) ). Remember that whatever you do to stretch it out, you will have to do it every time you wash it. It will continue to shrink back up every time you get it wet.

Without knowing what brand/fabric it is, it is hard for me to help much. I'm sorry!

Sara
Momma to Nicholas 4-7-01 and Katherine 3-9-05

Sara
WAH Momma to Nicholas 4-7-01 and Katherine 3-9-05

Baby Slings

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-20-2006 - 6:17am

Hi Sara

Thanks for the ideas.

It's a hotsling, cotton stretch material. Very pretty and I really LOVE the look of it when I do use it but unfortunately cos it's so snug I'm not really using it at all. BUT i do find it very comfy, probably more comfy than my ring sling cos of the stretch material. Right now, I actually find it faster to put on my ring sling right now.

Well, I guess I shd try using it more often. 28lbs of baby every day shd be better than a sack or potatoes (only have a 10kg-22lbs sack of rice at the moment, lol!).

Thanks again!

Ee Lin

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-23-2006 - 2:48pm

Hey Ee Lin & Piper!!

Photobucket  
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-24-2006 - 11:42pm

oh my goodness! HI!!

And you have a little girl now! Congrats! Good to 'see' you!

Keep in touch!

Ee Lin

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-24-2006 - 11:45pm

Hi Sara

I've given up on it and given it to a neighbour who's slightly smaller than me and who has a smaller (6mo) baby too. And she just told me it fits like a dream, so good for her.

Now I still don't have a pouch sling. Sigh! Thinking of sewing one for myself.

Thanks for all your help anyway.

Ee Lin

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-27-2006 - 9:25pm

OMG!!!!!!! WHOA!!! I did NOT know you had a new little girl!! CONGRATS!! I was just showing my sis all the sigs I've done and showed her the one of your boys!!! If you need any help, be sure and let me know! :) It's great to 'see' you!!!!!!!!

Piper