Questions????

iVillage Member
Questions????
Sun, 10-22-2006 - 1:11pm

I have a hotsling and a moby wrap.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-22-2006 - 1:35pm

Hi Angie--

For many momma's there is a period of time from around 3 to 6 months old when a formerly fitting pouch sling feels too small to do the cradle hold. You can either size up, or use a different position. Your sling will probably be a perfect fit once she is in the hip carry. If she has pretty good head control, you can probably start using a legs out tummy to tummy carry

There are pics on this page of a 3 month old baby with legs out. :
http://www.slinglings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1&fabric=55
It is in the bottom full row of pics, with 2 people in the picture.
She is sort of flopped over, and it doesn't look great, but she was surprisingly secure (it surprised me anyway--I cringed when I saw it!). Just be ready to hold on to the baby with one hand if necessary.

Sara
Momma to Nicholas 4-7-01 and Katherine 3-9-05

Sara
WAH Momma to Nicholas 4-7-01 and Katherine 3-9-05

Baby Slings

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-22-2006 - 1:40pm

Hi Ang! I say you need a bigger size....I buy New Native slings for when my kids are tiny and then switch to the Maya wrap (though I am not in love with all the extra fabric hanging off of the Maya wrap) as they get bigger for hip holding. I have a New Native in size Small which was the size I had for Etta and it does the same squishy thing to Carter....I ordered up a size and now find that the Medium is perfect for him to sit comfortably. I would keep it if your relative is watching Emma and she is comfy in that...let her use it for Emma and get one for yourself that is cozy for you! I want another new native now because Carter is such a fuss that he practically lives in this one!

xo

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket b

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-22-2006 - 1:48pm

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-22-2006 - 1:53pm

Hey thanks.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-22-2006 - 2:16pm

Threadjacking here Sara ;p

I just ordered 3 slings from you! I cant keep Carters clean w/ just 1 of course! Hope they fit good.....so excited to get them!

xo

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket b