Children as accessories...

iVillage Member
Children as accessories...
Mon, 12-11-2006 - 10:11am

I know the're not accessories, but do you have a wrap/sling to use for special occations?

I just made my first ring sling and I love it. So now I'm thinking of doing one in a fancier fabric for the holidays.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-11-2006 - 3:43pm
I did a sparkly snowflake one for winter and I love it. I have Christmas fabric I just haven't decided if it's going to be a ring or a pouch. Probably a ring since I know how to sew that one. :) Now that I can make it, I'm going to have a different sling for every season. Hello, my name is Jessica and I'm obsessed with slings :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

DD 9/29/06 DS 2/20/09 EDD 9/29/11 --> also our 10 year anniversary!
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-12-2006 - 12:53pm

A lot of women have several slings and do consider them an accessory!

I don't have the funds for a huge sling wardrobe and don't go to any of those fancy parties anyway, so I just have two.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-15-2006 - 4:04am

>A lot of women have several slings and do consider them an accessory!
Yes, I know, but I've also heard people of the opinion that we're wearing our children just because it looks cute (!) and that we make the children our accessories. But everybody I know who uses a stroller gives a thought to the looks of that, too.

I just found a great fabric store here, where the most expensive fabric I could find was approx. $7 per meter, so out of my finds there I can make ring slings very inexpensively. So far, the Moby Wrap is the most expensive carrying device I have and it will remain so even after I finish a ring sling for the holidays.

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-15-2006 - 3:01pm
Oh yeah, if I knew how to sew, I know I could make them super cheap.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-07-2007 - 3:35pm
We dress our little ones up when we go somewhere special, why wouldn't we use slings that match our event? :) I youngest is consideriably older now (6) but we most definatly used different slings based on what we were doing. His favorite was the denim slings with flannel padded trim, but for the pool and beach we used a mesh (also works great for mom's who like to shower quickly with an awake baby!), and yes, I had a few differnt slings that went with the different outfits for dress-up type events.