Question about ergo

iVillage Member
Question about ergo
Sat, 01-06-2007 - 9:44am

Hello,
I haven't been here for a while, but I know this is the place to come with a baby carrier question! I have an older style ergo that I got when DD was 6 months old, she is now 2, and we are expecting another baby next month. I loved the ergo, and though I've heard that the New Generation is better, I really don't want to spend $90 for a new one, the one I have worked great and I am happy with it. But I want to get an infant insert so I can use it for the baby, and I wanted to find out is the one they have for sale okay to use with the older ergo? Also can you use the older ergo to carry an infant sidelying like I've seen in pictures on some websites? Just wanted to see if anyone out there has any experience. Thanks!

Tracey

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-06-2007 - 1:38pm

I would ask this question on the forums at www.thebabywearer.com. I know that the old ergo did have an infant insert, and I'm fairly certain that the same insert will work with both the old and new, but I would ask someone who is an expert in this area. I'm more of a pouch expert I guess ;)

Also, there is a for sale or trade forum there where you can buy gently used baby carriers and accessories for cheaper than new, someone for sure will have an infant insert for sale.

good luck!

Sara
Momma to Nicholas 4-7-01 and Katherine 3-9-05

Sara
WAH Momma to Nicholas 4-7-01 and Katherine 3-9-05

Baby Slings