Do you wear your baby on your back?

iVillage Member
Do you wear your baby on your back?
Fri, 03-23-2007 - 11:05am
I'm thinking of starting this soon with the wrap but am kind of intimidated by it and worry he will fall out. It will certainly make things easier to get stuff done around the house. He is too big of a boy to have him in front plus he grabs at everything too. Is it hard to wear them on your back? I have instructions for it but it seems so complicated!
Beth

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-25-2007 - 12:13am

I was always too afraid to try it!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2007 - 1:27am

It took some getting used to.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2007 - 2:59pm
Great! Glad to hear it worked out for you. Was there anything specifically that was helpful? I know its hard to give advice about such a hands on task, but thought I would ask anyway.
Beth
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-27-2007 - 2:32am
Hi Beth :)
I wear Corder on my back in an Ergo, so I'm probably not much help. I did want to say though, that it is REALLY nice if you can find a way to get X on your back. When Corder is fussy, I just put him back there and start cleaning the house and he either chills out or falls asleep. It is the greatest thing ever for me becuase I do all the house cleaning while he is awake which means his nap time is ME time!
Good luck and let me know how it goes. I have a wrap that I dont really use anymore becuase he is so heavy out front.
~Abbey
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-28-2007 - 5:22pm

Well I have to say that i had to pratice with the front then moved to the side then i got the confidence to move to the back.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-29-2007 - 10:08am
Thanks everyone!!! I tried it but it wasn't completely secure. I ended up just putting him the Snugli that dh uses on long walks, on my back. It worked and he loved it. I liked that it didn't get loose while I was working around the house. I got a lot done! My house doesn't look like a bomb hit it anymore (a little bomb named Xavier that is!). Still have tons more to do. Every now and then I would wander into the washroom and look in the mirror at ds, and he would smile in the mirror, it was so cute!
Beth
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-29-2007 - 10:23am

I could never get the hange of slinging on my back. I've really enjoyed my Ergo as well. Corbin loves getting in it and he's nearly 2. There thing I didn't really like the wraps for back carriers b/c it was so hard for me to get the X on my back and I never felt they were secure. I did however like my mei tai b/c it has a big square that sits on their bum and X on my front. It is very comfortable and easier than a wrap. It does take some time, but once you get it, oh it's great! I still can put corbin on my back w/ that too. The trick is to keep pulling on the straps until you feel them snug on your back. I kinda do this as I'm starting to stand up straight and tieing all at the same time.

Stacy

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-31-2007 - 1:55pm
Hmmm, I might have to get an Ergo when X outgrows the snugli. The snugli is only until he's 26 lbs. The way he's been growing, he'll be there sooner than later (not fat, just long and solid, lol!)
Beth
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-04-2007 - 3:20pm
I wear Maggie on my back all the time. It's the best way to go grocery shopping and make dinner. I use a MT though. A wrap is way to intimidating!
DD 9/29/06 DS 2/20/09 EDD 9/29/11 --> also our 10 year anniversary!
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-05-2007 - 1:22pm
I was intimidated by a wrap too but I do love it for long walks and sometimes I wear it for grocery shopping. Usually I use the sling though and put him on the side over my hip because I tend to run all my errands at once (too much of a pain to take him in and out of the wrap). A mei tai sounds cool.
Beth

Pages