clear blisters inside mouth

iVillage Member
clear blisters inside mouth
Sun, 04-10-2005 - 6:37pm
hi. i developed a clear blister on the inside of my lip yesterday. it didnt hurt and by the time i woke up today, it was gone. now, theres just a little extra skin there, like i bit my lip. then, today i got a few on the inside of my upper lip. again, the dont hurt and are just "there". i do have herpes (of the mouth) but i have never gotten any sore inside my mouth, only outside. i dont think they're canker sores because they are not white. so i dont really have any idea what they are and they dont seem to match any of the symptoms of herpes or canker sores. i read that you can get mouth sores from stress or female hormones, but im just looking for a more concrete answer. another possibility has to do with my ear. i recently got my cartlidge pierced and it got infected. my limphnods are swollen beneath my ear so that infection could be a problem as well. there are really a lot of factors that could contribute to them, but what im really worried about is whether or not these blisters are contagious. again, they dont hurt, they are clear (like a liquid-filled bubble), and they go away in about 12 hours. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-11-2005 - 8:57am

Hi there, I am afraid I don't have any answers for you and hope someone will. In the meantime, have you tried the Herpes message board? http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-bhherpes

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-28-2005 - 1:25pm
Yes! I get them every so often. They are from dirty dishes or forks and knifes at restaurants. I also get them if I forget to change my sponge to clean the dishes once or twice a week. They are horrible....mine hurt, thou. I take a vitamin when I get these. I forget the name of the vitamin at the moment. I'll check tonight and let you know. When I take this vitamin they are gone the next day. I just had a couple blisters last week. Hope this helps.