New here :)

iVillage Member
New here :)
Wed, 07-22-2009 - 9:54am

Hi all, my name is Jill. I have posted before on the Christian Sisters Playgroup, and saw some siggies for this board. I love reading and would like to find some good books by Christian authors as well.

I have two boys, Jacob (7) and Jonah (5) and DH Chris and I have been married for 9 yrs in October.

Jill

iVillage Member
In reply to: jills5555
Wed, 07-22-2009 - 12:20pm

Photobucket

Jill -

It's awesome to have you here with us!! This is a great little board full of wonderful women who love Christ and books!!! What an awesome combo! Thanks for your introduction.

Who are some of your current favorite authors???

We are currently taking suggestions for our August BOTM. How this works is you just suggest a book for our poll to see what we will read in August. Just make a suggestion and next week i will post a poll to vote.

Make yourself at home. This board is fun and relaxing!! We are here to pray with you, celebrate with you and read with you!!

Blessings~

Photobucket

RATCBS.png image by chickofgrace

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Community Leader
Wed, 07-22-2009 - 12:24pm

Hi Jill and Welcome!! What are some of your favorite authors? I have been trying to read new authors. I look forward to seeing your reviews on the books you read. Jump right in and join the fun! :)

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-22-2009 - 12:53pm

Hi there:

I really have enjoyed Angela Hunt's books in the past. I've tried to read Karen Kingsbury, read one, but our library never seems to have book 1 of her series! :)

Oh and Leisha Kelly/Kelley (not sure of the spellling of her last name) wrote some good ones, still waiting for her to write another!

I belong to a book club now, we don't read Christian authors necessarily though. The last book we read was Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blom, it was quite good. Sad though, about the holocaust. Next we are reading Three Cups of Tea.

I like all kinds of books really from mysteries to romance. I just like to get lost in a good book :)

Jill

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-22-2009 - 3:31pm

Hi, Jill!

I think we're all with you on getting lost in a good book. Sometimes it's bittersweet when you reach the end of a phenomenal novel 'cause you've had the kind of good time you wish could last forever.

I'm new to Karen Kingsbury, just one or two in the last year, I believe. I highly recommend Lisa Samson and Brandilyn Collins. Lisa has some romance novels under her belt but has spent a while (the last decade?) writing what I'd call "stories about real women" that don't necessarily include romance but are so insightful and entertaining. Brandilyn, meanwhile, writes suspense and is really good at it. (Jen's a BC fan as well, so don't mind us if we gush at times. LOL)

My favourite secular author is Katie MacAlister, who writes romance and often includes a paranormal twist. Also like mysteries, but don't seem to have a good list of authors for that genre yet. (Or I just forget...)

I've been married for 9 years, too. :) Our son Tim will be 2 just before Halloween and we're waiting to see whether Baby #2 will be his brother or sister! (I'm also curious about the timing - will we have another full-term baby who decides to come just after the due date? I wanted Tim to be early but now I'm reading that there can still be a good chance of medical problems until 39 weeks.)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-23-2009 - 5:35pm

Hi Jill,

I'm Brenda, I have 3 kids, my oldest son will be 12 years old on August 1st, I have a 10 year old daughter, and a 4 year old son. I homeschool all of them. I LOVE reading. I have really enjoyed this board. I just started reading Angela Hunt, thanks to Angie's recommendation, and I really like her. I also read Three Cups of Tea, it takes awhile to get through, but it's an excellent book and idea. Our charter school is saving pennies for the author's schools.

Welcome!

Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket