Away Aug 1 - 3, gonna miss everyone!

iVillage Member
Away Aug 1 - 3, gonna miss everyone!
Thu, 07-30-2009 - 5:57pm

I'm excited about going on a road trip, but I will definitely miss the Internet. LOL I check in here, at Katie MacAlister's forum and Facebook every day, sometimes multiple times in one day...

Tim and I will be passengers in my parents' car as we drive to Rocky Mountain House, Alberta (http://www.rockymtnhouse.com). On Sunday we're having a small memorial service for my mum's mum, whose mother and step-father are buried there. We'll put Grandma's ashes with her mother.

My mum's sisters and brother will be making the trip, plus the cousins on that side of the family and all three of my sisters (with kids). It's been a long time since this many of us were together at the same time, so I think we're all really looking forward to the time we'll have to visit Saturday night and Sunday after the service. We'll all disperse Monday morning to our various homes.

I believe I have most things packed already due to an organised list, but I'll have to double-check tomorrow and then get the last-minute things. Mum and Dad prefer rest stops to fast food joints, so I'll pack a picnic lunch tomorrow night and then have everything in the trunk of my car for easy transfer when my parents show up Saturday morning.

I'm glad that we'll save the gas money by sharing a vehicle with my parents, but I'm sad to leave Hubby home. I suppose a few days of a quiet house with just the dog will be good for him and he can attack as many projects as he wants (plus his mum has claimed him for a showing of the Harry Potter movie - possibly her first one in the theatres 'cause she reads the books and then waits for the DVDs). Still, I'll wish he were with us to have fun and not miss any of the adorable things Tim will do on the weekend. (He's also really good at dealing with Tim's occasional outbursts of temper. Such a calming influence from a man who knows how to play loud and entertain a toddler...)

Hope you all have a great weekend and I'll try to talk it up today and tomorrow to make up for my absence. ;)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-30-2009 - 6:59pm
It sounds like a wonderful trip! Have fun seeing all your relatives.

Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-31-2009 - 12:24pm

Becca -

Have a fun and safe trip. I am sorry that you have to attend a funeral during the trip, but I am glad you get to see family you haven't seen in a while. Be safe and we will see you when you get home.

Photobucket

RATCBS.png image by chickofgrace

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-03-2009 - 11:31pm

I'm home! Yay! And back to the Internet! LOL (Yep, I checked for wireless, but had nothing at the cabins we were staying in next to an RV campground.)

Will probably talk about the trip itself and also catch up on threads later - tomorrow if I don't wake up a lot in the next hour. LOL

Good to be back!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-03-2009 - 11:41pm
Welcome back, Becca!

Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-04-2009 - 10:59pm

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-05-2009 - 6:06pm
Thanks, gals! Can't believe that I didn't find time yesterday to pop in for a minute. We've had some grumpy moments from Tim and I think it might be a call for attention - even negative attention is something, I guess. Hopefully I won't be as busy the rest of week 'cause then I can be here and also hang out with Tim. :)