6 month prenatal appt

iVillage Member
6 month prenatal appt
Tue, 08-11-2009 - 10:51pm

My 6 month appt was quick, with measurements and a peek at both my weight and blood pressure to make sure all three were still no problem at all.

I will get a third ultrasound. The reason is that the baby measured in the 90th percentile for the last ultrasound and my doc wants to be sure that we monitor the growth to be prepared if I'm having a big baby. I was a touch concerned that she would have any concerns, but Hubby did a little research after I emailed him about it and was able to sooth any fears I had - turns out Tim was in the 90th at birth and still came out naturally, with little problem. Also, I think he dropped down in percentiles quickly, so that I'm used to him being measured and assessed as in the 25th. That means I'll leave any worrying to the doc and just get on with eating well and exercising.

Provided I don't forget, I'll go to the lab tomorrow morning to have blood drawn. Blood glucose is one of the things they'll look at this time and I hope I pass with flying colours considering my history with blood sugar levels. I'm 99% sure that anemia will be a negative 'cause I know that one of the symptoms of iron deficiency is fatigue and I'm not tired all day, just at bedtime. ;)

I'm sitting at 9 or 10 lbs for a total gain (9 by my count, 10 from the doc), so that was a relief to me. I started out rocky for the weight issue, but I must be doing something right! And hopefully being on track with weight will compensate for the percentiles. Hubby and I aren't sure if we might be given an earlier due date at some point, but I joked that if the two of us are just good at making big babies, it's good that we're stopping at two or we'll end up with a giant. LOL

Next appt is Sept. 8th (7 months exactly). :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

Community Leader
Wed, 08-12-2009 - 4:34pm

Wow, six months!! Time is flying!! Yay for a great appt and getting another u/s!! Praying for good blood work results.

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-12-2009 - 8:02pm
Sounds like a great appointment and great job on the weight gain! You are doing so well!

Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-12-2009 - 8:55pm

WOW, 6months already. I can't believe it. Time flies. It sounds like things are going well though!!! Thanks for the update.

Photobucket