Photos of the new house :)

iVillage Member
Photos of the new house :)
Sun, 09-27-2009 - 11:17pm

Just exterior shots, but lots of angles! I'm hoping it looks a lot better by this time next year 'cause I can see that the yard needs some TLC.

http://beccacarter.com/gallery/v/birch_avenue/

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-27-2009 - 11:34pm

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-28-2009 - 4:36pm
Very cute house! I love that it's on a corner, so much more yard that way. What are the extra buildings?

Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-28-2009 - 5:56pm

There's a one-car garage (which needs a cement floor, only dirt right now) and a small shed.

The lot used to be a park and I'm surprised it wasn't divided into two properties when the park closed. Leaves us with a nice long yard! A few of our options once the kids get a little older: buy a different place that's bigger and currently out of our range, build a new house on the lot while living in the original (and then demolish the old one) or (cheapest option here) build an addition so we have three bedrooms instead of two.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-28-2009 - 9:43pm

Very nice house, Becca. Love the wonderful yard. I agree adding on or something like that later on would be great!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-03-2009 - 6:25pm

And in case anyone's curious, here's the village's website: http://village.fruitvale.bc.ca/

Hubby says the population has decreased lately and is less than 2,000. Wow, that's small! But it has many of the everyday things we'll need, and I spent a little time this afternoon plotting the house, medical clinic, nearest church and library on Google Maps. :) Weekly grocery trips will probably be made to the city (Trail, BC) which is also where we currently travel to for the closest Wal-Mart and mall.

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-03-2009 - 10:58pm

Looks like an awesome and fun place!

Photobucket