October Roll Call

iVillage Member
October Roll Call
Tue, 10-06-2009 - 12:38pm

Photobucket

Sorry I am a bit late on getting on the roll call!!! But here it is. Fall is on full swing here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Tell us who you are, about your family, where you are from and what you love about fall.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-06-2009 - 12:41pm

So let me answer my own questions!! LOL

Jen(35) married to Jacob(29) from beautiful Washington State. We have 3 beautiful kitties(Freedom, Mitzy and Potter) and a 5 month old boston terrier puppy named Lelu.

Fall is my most favorite time of year. I love the crisp days but the sun is still shining. I love the changing of the leaves and bushes. God's creation is just amazing and beautiful!!!

Photobucket

Community Leader
Tue, 10-06-2009 - 10:10pm

Angie in Maryland. I am married to my best friend, Brian. We have been married 13 yrs. I have four children. A ds (22) a dd (19 who is moving tomorrow out of state) and my twins, Z & B who are 7. I am a homeschooling, book loving, yarn addict who really enjoys the outdoors. The days are getting cooler and the nights are already there! I can't wait until the leaves change colors! I love the crisp air of fall and the smells, they are wonderful! Nothing like curling up with a hot beverage and a good book!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-06-2009 - 10:33pm

AMEN Angie - I agree there is nothing like a hot beverage and a good book!!! I just might have to do that this evening.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-06-2009 - 11:24pm

Hi, everyone! :)

I'm Becca, married to Brad for 9 years (!) with a kidlet who's turning 2 on the 29th and a baby due about 4 weeks later. :D Hubby and I both grew up in Castlegar, BC (http://www.castlegar.ca). We're moving at the end of this month but not that far away, just to a smaller town. (Lower property values mean that we can afford to get our first house.)

I love lots of things about fall: more comfortable temperatures for outdoor activities, changing colours of the leaves, hot drinks like tea and hot chocolate, Thanksgiving (and all its yummy food)... And since we brought Tim home on Halloween, I've gotten a bit excited about that as well. Not the scary side of it, mind you, just the cuteness of children's costumes and the happy-looking decorations.

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-07-2009 - 12:51am

Becca

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-07-2009 - 9:19am

Tammy from North Dakota I have been married to my DH for just a little over 9 years.

CBSsign

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-07-2009 - 1:22pm

Tammy, thanks for checking in with us! I would love to see a picture of your puppies. I love labs and chocolate ones are my fav!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-08-2009 - 12:27am

We're pretty busy packing and organising! Last night Hubby made up a floor plan on the computer and then measured the furniture so we'd have little cutouts to move around on the floor plan. Fun and I thought it was quite typical of an engineer/geek. LOL

Feels like there's lots left to do, but I'm sure I'll whittle it down in good time. Got Tim's closet empty of the baby things, so that was a big step. (And I got rid of some extras at the same time. Yay!)

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-08-2009 - 9:34am

My mom did that when they moved up here. I thought she was crazy to do little cutouts, but the move it went so smooth!!!

Wendy(wendyhtml)

Proud Community Leader of:
Christian Bookshelf & Christian Families

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-08-2009 - 4:35pm
It's giving us an idea of what we'll want and be able to fit in each room. For example, I think the change table and rocking chair won't make the move, but I'm pretty sure we can get along without them. (I liked changing Tim on the floor 'cause I didn't have to worry about him falling anywhere. Meanwhile, the rocking chair wasn't comfortable...)

Pages