8 month prenatal appt

iVillage Member
8 month prenatal appt
Thu, 10-08-2009 - 11:42pm

I think I missed the 7 month update, but there wasn't much going on, actually. Good blood pressure, baby's heartbeat was right on and the doc had no worries. I didn't gain anything from 28 to 30 weeks, which I thought was odd, but the doctor wasn't concerned, maybe even thinking it was a good thing.

Turns out she was right because I was up again a little at the 8 month weigh-in. As always, blood pressure good, baby's growing well and the heartbeat isn't much different than the last times. (And the doctor got a kick or two as she was checking, so she had evidence of the baby being active, which of course I already know. LOL)

I have one more appt in my hometown (34 weeks) and then I should be going to the maternity clinic in the same city as the hospital. Just have to wait for a phone call from the clinic and then I can get the weekly appts scheduled for November. :)

That's about it, except that I'm feeling good (just a little soreness in my back sometimes) and trying to balance cravings with nutrition. (Ramen noodles don't contribute much and neither does chocolate...)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

Community Leader
Fri, 10-09-2009 - 11:37am

Hi Becca. Thanks so much for the update! Wow, I can't believe you are 8 months!!! I am so happy to hear that you & the baby are doing well. I think chocolate should be a food group! :) I can't wait to hear about your next appt!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-09-2009 - 12:33pm

That is awesome that the little peanut is doing so well. I dont' remember is anyone has asked this before.....are you guys going to find out what you are having or do you know already???

If you maken some Ramen and through some corn and peas in with it and some cheese that would make it okay....wouldn't it????

Wendy(wendyhtml)

Proud Community Leader of:
Christian Bookshelf & Christian Families

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-09-2009 - 2:57pm

That would be more nutritious, but I like my noodles with seasoning and margarine, nothing else. That's why I know it's not that great for me. LOL

The techs and docs aren't allowed to reveal gender in this area - the regional health authority believes there's too much possibility of gender discrimination, so they won't tell you (though some will hint if you guess aloud). We didn't want to know, anyway. Are we old-fashioned? ;)

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-09-2009 - 10:08pm

I don't think you are old fashioned. I wouldn't want to know either.

Wendy(wendyhtml)

Proud Community Leader of:
Christian Bookshelf & Christian Families

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-12-2009 - 12:53am
hi Becca, nice to read a good healthy update!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-12-2009 - 6:31pm
And I was thinking this morning that two years ago at this time (Thanksgiving Day in Canada) I was only a couple weeks away from my first baby's arrival! We had my parents over for the afternoon (lunch and then visiting?) and then I believe they were headed over to one of the sisters' houses for dinner. :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-13-2009 - 5:28pm
isn't it funny the things we remember?
Photobucket