Supporting each other for Weight Loss

iVillage Member
Supporting each other for Weight Loss
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 6:07am
Hi Trixie, Mallisa, cyndy27 and anyone else who wants to join in our little off shoot support group.. :-)

Im ready to join you, and like Mallisa idea of doing an email group! my addy is Sc0utm0m@aol.com and if you send me yours, we can get this rollin! Definately for me I need to exercise more! So you ladies better bug me about that! *wink need a good swift kick LOL

Im off to work but will check back later and see what you all think!

*Hugs

Caly

*hugs             

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 7:41am
Caly and others,

YOu should check out some of the weight loss message board and weight loss chats here at ivillage. I have used them in the past toget on the right track when it comes to starting and keeping on a diet.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 10:47am
well isn't this an interesting set up for the boards. I was actually just getting ready to put my walking gear on and do my daily routine. I walk around the ballpark of about 2 1/2 miles almost everyday. I also have an exercise ball and love it. I suggest anyone who hates working out to do these two. The exercise ball is very fun, doesn't take much time and is a wonderful workout. You almost feel guilty like you didn't even work out at all, but you can feel the benefits almost immediatly. It's easy to follow!!!! I can't wait to get us all going and kick some serious butt. I just found a whole bunch of my old shorts and things that my sister conveniently "borrowed" some time ago. It is my pile of inspiration!!!!! I forgot how cute some of those things were. I once hung up the first goal of clothes around my house and work my way vigorously towards them and now it's time to get it in gear and do it again. I'm excited. Finally I found the right group of people that totally "get" my situation, we are all rowing in the same canoe, and it's refreshing and exciting!!!!

Let's get busy, stay happy and get healthy!!!!

My love and hugs and many prayers and wonderful thoughts to each of you!!!!

Darcy

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 1:14pm
Hey Darcy !

That exercise ball sounds great! Tell me more about it and where I would get one!

Im heading out for a walk in just a few minutes! I agree having company to do this really helps!

*hugs

Caly

*hugs             

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 4:12pm
Awesome to see we have so many followers now! What a good idea....sometimes they do pop out of my head! Anyway, my addy is vwtrixie@hotmail.com can't wait to hear from ya. Oh, no potato chips for me today!! And my tummy hurts from yesterday's pilates work out! OUCH!!

Trixie :-)

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 5:57pm
Funny you should ask!!!! If you scroll down the page while reading new post, I believe there is still an add for the "Flexa-Ball or Resista-Ball". I got my at Wal-Mart with a poster of all the excersises(a video is better) for around $14.00, and I walked 3 miles today, have mild shin splints in left leg, but that never stops me I just keep working out!!!

I'm so happy you asked me about it. We are all going to have a blast!!!! Time to get mentally and physically healthy. It's Spring, if that isn't enough motivation for us all, I don't know what else to do. Grab your morning coffee and go out and enjoy the sunrise and the birds. Try to block everything else out and take 5-10 mins to just "Be" it makes a huge difference in the rest of the day!!!!!!!

I feel like the Phoenix that rose from the ashes, as Susan Sarandon so well put in the Bangor Sister's, if you haven't seen it, it's a must do!!! Coming from a load of emotional garbage and a break up last summer the came after I was told "You are a miserable person to be around", never thought of myself that way, I decided enough!!!!

I'm so excited for all of us!!!

Have a lovely evening!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 9:01pm
O.K. guys==here we go! My e-mail addy is m.pelletier5@verizon.net Caly, Could you get the ball rolling (no pun intended!) and start us off w/our first e-mail to anyone who wants in. Sounds good! Let's kick some BUTT and lose it too!

Mallisa

who can't wait to start walking with the kiddos now that the sun is shinning again and it's warmer out!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 9:56pm
Woot! I agree we are on our way! I took a walk today and couldnt believe how out of shape I was! *sigh.. Thanks Darcy for letting me know about the ball, I saw it but wasnt sure if that was the one, I will order it tommorrow.

I will be happy to get us rolling with an email group though I may wait until morning hehe Im pretty tired. So look for my first message tommorrow and ((((((Trixie)))))) thanks for this great idea!!

*hugs all!

Caly

*hugs             

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:50pm
Ok all!

I didnt get to send my emails this morning cause iVillage was down and I couldnt access the email addresses, so we will get this rolling now if we can. :-)

I ordered my exercise ball this morning! WOOT! so im ready hehe..

*Hugs

Caly

*hugs             

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 3:51pm
Ok Sent emails to those who posted their addy. Darcy if you dont want to post yours just send me an email so I have it.

Lets plan on Checking in tommorrow with our goals for this!

*hugs

Caly

*hugs