Long time no see....uhh post that is...m

iVillage Member
Long time no see....uhh post that is...m
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 8:16am
Good Morning Ladies!

Wow it has been a long time since I have been able to post. After a few very tough weeks and a minor pc meltdown I am now able to get online....WOOHOO! Things are going fairly weel again. If you all remember the court thing with my ex we did get the judgement back and yes I have been "ordered" into counselling. Oh well, no biggie I guess.

Neals step father is still in the hospital. He was moved from a west palm hospital to a hospital in Miami. after all this time the finally think they know what was going on with him. He has a computerized unit that automatically delivers the medicines he is on into his spinal column (he is a quadriplegic). About 3 weeks before he went into the hospital the transport van that takes him to his doctor appointments was rearended. As far as anyone knew there were no injuries. Well, it seems now that the tube that accually delivers his meds was crushed, so the meds were not being delivered into his spinal column. They were leaking out and therefore not effective. That is what was causing the siezures and the high fever. He was going through withdrawl basically. They are operating on him today to replace the tube. Hopefully that will get him on the road to recovery.

Sorry that got so long. I have so missed being able to post and chat with all of you. How is everyone? Kelly, if your there let me know how the homefront situation is going. I have been thinking about you and Cody. Marilyn, what about you. I scanned over this new oard thing and didnt see you anywhere. Tracy, how is that job going?

Ok, I'll try navigating this new look and see where it gets me. If you don't hear from me in the next day or two someone please come rescue me. I'm lost in the archives....LOL.

Love and Hugs,

Christy

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 9:43am
Christie,

I am here. The new job was going well until we declared war, and then all hell broke loose. I have been working my butt off, and trying to work in unpacking on the side. To say the least, it hasn't been getting done, I finally found the dishes last night. But still haven't found the salt and pepper shaker.

I have a couple of days off, but instead of unpacking will probably wind up spending them getting drivers liscence and liscence plates and my security clearances done. I would like to be getting curtains, as I am going to be working nights, and the blinds in my room just aren't darkening it enough.

The trip out with the truck was a horror, about 32 hours of driving in two days. But we are here.

Sorry about the computer meltdown, I know I go into withdrawal of the worst kind when my comp doesn't work.

Glad to hear that Neal's step father is getting the treatment he needs now.

And really glad you are back. We will send out the search parties, if we don't hear from you.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 10:46am
Christy! Good to see you! Wow, I don't get a title to post. That sucks. (new board's weird hmmm?) I just wanted you to know that the board has been hoping you are doing well. Many times people have asked about you. So you know that we give a s%%t. hehehe. Good to see you! Take care, Lisa-)
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 11:01am
((((Tracy)))),

It sounds like you really got a handle on whats going on in your life. Imagine....just a few months ago you were only contemplating a job change and now here you are! Personally, I think you are an amazing lady. Funny story about your salt and pepper. When we moved into our new house I had everything but one box unpacked in less than a week. Now it wasn't motivation that got me to do it. It was the fact that as we were packing the last few boxes up on moving day, Dylan was palying with my cell phone, and accidentally packed it up in a box. It was on the back of the truck so when we unloaded everything into the garage it ended up at the very gack behind every other box. A woman without her cell phone is not a pretty sight especially since our home phone wasn't scheduled to be connected until the week after we moved in! I was a mad women until I found it....LMAO.

Im sure glad to hear you are doing good. Now get to the grocery store and get some salt and pepper. I can't imagine food without salt. I would starve to death. :o) TeeHee.

Love and Hugs,

Christy

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 12:28pm
thanks christi,

I am going to get out to the grocery store today. The one thing I did when I moved was left my son behind, so I left a lot of things with him, rather than move them. Now, I am not sure if they are packed or there. But I know I packed the salt and pepper, cause I remember looking to make sure there were peppercorns in the pepper mill.

I will find it. now its turned into a mission.

I understand about last on, first off. The microwave is buried somewhere behind the books. I need to get new book cases, but I think I just may move the book boxes to my room, and stack them along one wall. If it weren't for the books we probably would have found everything else by now. I would guess that half of what I packed was books. Can't tell I am a book worm can you? lol

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 1:26pm
LOL Christy!

I promise to come looking in the archives if we dont hear from you! Glad to see you posting though, and Im so glad they were able to help Neal's step father.

By the way, hehe I dont think we "know" each other, I am a new CL to the board and have been here on and off for about 6 months. I wont bore you with the details LOL but if you would like to know more about me, click on my profile.

Looking forward to getting to know you too! And I hope you put on a life jacket before you dived into the archives *wink

*hugs

Caly

*hugs