HELP!

iVillage Member
HELP!
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 10:56am
I thought there was a glimmer of hope when my depression eased up slightly the other day but over the last two days it has actually got worse, when I thought I was already on the bottom, and I just don't know how I'm going to get thrpough the night. I'm really struggling. Everything I have tried to help myself has failed and the new medication I was meant to start today didn't materialise because my doctor forgot to leave me a prescription. I don't know how long I can bear to feel like this. TJ
iVillage Member
In reply to: thoseinside
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 11:27am
TJ! Know that we are here for you! Good for you for posting! I know that when I get that low, I don't have the strength to post. I know that may sound strange but it does take strength to say you are in need of help. You are taking the right steps to get yourself help. The meds may help, and you are under the care of the dr so that is great! Try (and I know that it is hard) try and admit to yourself that you are taking positive steps. I know you hit a glitch with the meds, but keep chuggin along and things will resolve. I have been through more meds than I would like to admit, but this one seems to be helping...FINALLY! But it took a lot of determination, and I KNOW you can do it. When you feel you can't we are here to hold you up. I need to go try and be productive...otherwise I will make myself cry while posting. Too late, we are soooo here for you, please don't forget, that you are not alone. Take care, Lisa-)
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 11:28am
Take heart -- tap into your inner strength, and you'll pull through. You'll be able to get your meds tomorrow, right? Or could you follow up with your doctor today? One of my best friends was once having a horrible night, and I called her and read her funny essays out of a book I happened to have. At first she wasn't laughing, but then she did and it really made her feel better. As silly as it may seem, do you have anyone who can read you something? It might help.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 12:20pm
Call the doctors office, and complain. They should be being reliable. In the meantime, we are here sweetie. Keep on posting.
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 1:20pm
TJ sweetie,

Remember I told you the other day when you were feeling good to hang on to that feeling? Well now is the time to pull that out of your hat, and know that things were better and they WILL be better again. I would definately call the Drs office, they should be able to call in that perscription for you. Keep posting and hang in there hun.

*Hugs

Caly

*hugs             

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 2:53pm
(((((TJ)))))

This is what happens sometimes. You can really find out how strong you are when stuff like this happens. Can the Dr's office call in the prescription to your pharmacist/chemist?

Hang on. It will get better. Everything will be OK. Trust me on this. I've been at the bottom and the top too many times to not understand that. Even if you don't feel it, keep reminding yourself of that.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 6:21pm
TJ, come on over here and let me give you a big ol' hug!!!!! Darn it anyways, I think a nice relaxing bubble bath, with candles and some soft music. If you can't go to sleep, give that a try. If you don't have a tub just a shower like myself, take a long shower and pamper yourself. Take your time and concentrate on your mind and body. I light incense and candles, and lay on the couch in my robe with hot tea and lotion my legs and just breath deep. I have had to mentally discipline myself to find ways to relax my mind. It's hard, but it's so rewarding. I had to go through a lot of this self therapy while I was waiting for my meds to work, now I'm working on enjoying being at peace with myself and my past, not easy!! I have started tappering down on my meds!

I'm sending you good vibes and great big hugs and prayers, hang in there TJ!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 8:53pm
TJ-Get on the phone and bitch and moan to the dr. or his/her staff. This is unacceptable and you shouldn't have to wait. If that doesn't help, call the dr, have him/her paged and tell the person on the phone you are in crisis.

You know how it goes-squeeky wheel gets the greese. Keep posting and let us help you through this dark time.

Mallisa