Had my first therapy session today

iVillage Member
Had my first therapy session today
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 5:12pm
I just don't seem to click with her. JUst as well - I can only get therapy once every 2 - 3 weeks. My phone is back up, thank heaven. I don't feel quite so isolated if I know I can call for help. My kids are still driving me crazy - I love them dearly, but I can't handle paying attention to both of them simultaneously, especially over long time periods. It'll be Okay for the next 2 days, but Fri PM and the weekend, I have them alone from 3 - 11 PM. Hopefully, I'll feel better by then. I have a dr's appointment on Thursday. I should've been seen last week, but appointments are hard to get. He quadrupled my effexor, and I think I'm gaining more weight, which I certainly don't need. I'm extremely sad. Lonely.
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 5:40pm
(((((Joanna)))))

What's not clicking? Is she not listening to you? I'm sorry it isn't useful to you. :(

You're not alone. I wish I could offer you more. (((((Joanna)))))

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 10:05pm
Joanna hun,

Im sorry you dont feel comfortable with the therapist, I would say go to her once more and if you still dont feel comfortable then tell her and ask about seeing someone else. That is not uncommon and she wont be offended. Therapy doesnt work if you cant open up.

Mention to your doctor your concerns about weight gain too, perhaps there is a different med if it is really a problem.

I know what is like to be lonely hun. Do you have Instant messanger? Perhaps we can set up a chat time if you like. I hope to have a chat group going on ivillage in a month or so. I need to take a training class first.

Just remember we are all here so you are not really alone!

*hugs

Caly

*hugs