Help

iVillage Member
Help
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 8:06pm
I need help. I feel like I'm falling and falling. I don't feel like sleeping - I don't feel like eating. It's one of those points in my life when I realize what a failure I am. I hate being an adult. I don't know how to pick up the pieces again? Where do I start?
iVillage Member
In reply to: clemene
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 9:52pm
Hi Clemene,

I dont believe we have met, *Hugs by the way welcome to the board.

I know it seems like it cant get better hun, but it can. Where do you start? Start with something simple. I dont know your whole story so im not sure exactly how to tell you to proceed, but if you havent talked to your doctor I would start there. Getting on meds may be what you need to stabilize your emotions so you can work on the problems. Also talk to your doctor about possible therapy, it really helps if you do both.

Remember each day is a new begining, so take small steps each day and you will be there before you know it.

Post more if you like and we will be happy to see if we can help more too!

*Hugs

Caly

*hugs             

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 12:20am
Hi Caly,

Thanks for responding to me. I guess I don't really have a "situation." I'm 22, going to grad school and working full time. From time to time, I feel lonely and unmotivated. I don't have the energy to do anything. I've tried medication but I don't like the way it makes me feel (sort of numb). I guess my biggest problem is that I'm lonely. I feel terrible. I guess I can't keep on complaining. Have to trudge on, I suppose?
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:48pm
Hi Again Clemene

Sounds like you need just a bit of a pick me up to get you going again. To me someone going to grad school and working full time is VERY Motivated LOL.. Do you have any time for you though? I know the feeling of being lonely and sometimes we can even be lonely in a room full of people. I would suggest taking a little time to do something fun! once or 2x a week at least maybe more. Try a new activity or go somewhere and get out with others. Even if they are not your Friends to start you never know.

Hope you'll keep posting. I'm happy to chat anytime!

*hugs

Caly

*hugs