Decided I'm gonna give it a try........m

iVillage Member
Decided I'm gonna give it a try........m
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:26am
Good Morning Everyone!

On a quick note:

Mark didn't have the surgery to put the tube in. His white blood count is too high so he will be on antibiotics for 2 weeks. They moved him back to the West Palm Beach hospital yesterday where he will stay for two weeks while on the antibiotics. Then they will take him back to Miami for the op. I can't wait for all of this to be over.

On another note:

I decided to try my hand at setting up a website for the family. I have limited HTML knowledge and none where scripts or CGI's come into play. So, today I am going to try and figure out how to get this done. I fear it is going to be a very slow process, but good for me none the less as it will give me something positive to focus on. I registered a domain name and signed up for a hosting account. I'll keep it secret though until I accually have something to look at on the website.......LOL.

Have a great day ladies and gent!

Love and Hugs,

Christy

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:45am
{{{{Christy}}}}

Just wanted to wish you luck on your Web site. I know you can do it if you put your mind to it.

Hope you have a Great day.

Have Fun.

Take care of yourself {{{{Christy}}}}

Hugs,

Cathy

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:46am
You go Christi,

I haven't had a chance to try to do that yet. Right now though I am struggling with a mouse that won't behave. It was working fine yesterday, until I put a new router/hub on our network to take adavantage of the cable modem. Now my mouse acts like there is peanut butter and jelly on the screen. GRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Fisx one thing, break two more with computers sometimes.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:08am
Sounds great! Can't wait to see your website! Hope that it comes sooner than later! Take care, you guys are in my thoughts!

Trixie

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:34am
(((((Cathy)))))

Hi sweetie! Thanks for the encouragement. I hope you are right. It's only 10:30 and I am already frustrated with this darned thing. I can't get the FTP to access the site and I can't get outlook to retrieve the mail. Someone should have shaken the holy sheep sh!t out of me when I said this would be good for me and keep me focused on something positive. I'm gonna pull my friggin hair out! LMAO

Have a terrific day wonderful lady!

Love and Hugs,

Christy

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:39am
Ok, I highly recommend setting up a free webpage through geosites or another of those services instead of trying to build and host your own. Well, that is if you are as easily frustrated as I am. Since I have already paid for the domain name and a year of hosting I have no choice but to teach myself this freakin stuff. Neal will have a cow if he finds I charged the credit card for this stuff and didn't even bother doing it! What was I thinking!!!!! UGH! Heck, I couldn't even handle the darned rubix cube. I just changed the stickers around..lol.

Oh, well back to the info and tech help sites for me.

Love and Hugs,

Christy

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:42am
Thanks Trixie. I hope its sooner than later too. Keep your fingers crossed and wish me luck. I already know I'll need it.

Love and Hugs,

Christy

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 1:49pm
Hi Christy!

Good luck hun!! I just did my own website right thru ivillage, and I realize that you have already paid for a site but maybe if you go to their web builder page it will give you some ideas and hints. Click on my profile to check out my site and here is the link for iVillage web building http://www.ivillage.com/ivillage/memberwebsites/

I really look forward to seeing your finished site! I had a blast doing mine.

*Hugs

Caly

*hugs