I Just Feel Very Down Today........(m)

iVillage Member
I Just Feel Very Down Today........(m)
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:54am
I just feel very sad and lonely today. School is going ok but I am very busy. It seems like I get one thing done and two others pop - up. I guess I feel like a robot no emotion but always with the same feeling.

I just do not know anymore. I feel like I am going through life with no direction at all.

Thank-you for listening to me.

Take care of yourselves.

Cathy

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:01am
((((((cathy)))))))

I can relate to the one thing done two more pop up routine. Hang in there the sun is shining at least here in DC and the weather is beautiful. Spring is on its way. And you are doing okay in school. All good things.

Don't worry about feeling sad and lonely. Feelings are just that feelings. And sometimes we have to drift with the current.

If you really want to do something about the direction thing. Pick something you would like to know about just for you and learn it. Like Christi with her HTML. Or the group that is exercising and trying to live healthy. Any of those things, can help you focus. Challenge yourself somehow.

For me all it takes is a new painting to make, but....... I don't know what will fire you.

Trac

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:17am
Hang in there sweetie

I know exactly how you feel. It makes me crazy too that once I finish something, another thing pops up, then something else pops up after that. I guess that's just the reality of life. As far as feeling out of control, have you gone to see a therapist? Or is there someone you can talk to about these feelings? I know how hard it is to deal with your feelings, emotions, as well as work. The three don't balance out. I know from experience. Take about a half hour just to have "me" time. Whether that's reading, vegging out, or just lounging, who cares? That time is YOUR time to just relax, and recompose yourself. That really helps me out in tough times. I think you should try it to see how it helps you. Also, I like to take deep breaths, and just let it all out after! sounds crazy, but it helps me calm down, especially when I'm hysterical. Hope that some of this helps you, and if you need anything, you know where to find us! Take care, and hang in there!

Trixie

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 10:04am
Reaching out to us shows a lot! It means that feeling apathy is not who you are. Good for you for recognizing that! I know that feeling, for those of us with compassion and caring, it is scary. If you did not catch that, you have compassion and caring..it was a sneaky complement. Thanks so much for your messages directed to me on the boards. It makes my day so much better to see one special person reaching out to me. So see, even on a dark day you still can make someone (a friend) smile. OK...sucks to be depressed...I am about in tears...yikes..have to be off to work. Must pull myself together. Yes, yes!!! Somedays we are simply going through life getting done what has to be done. It is ok, your reaching out means that all emotion is not gone. It means you are searching and that is a step in the right direction. Take care, Lisa-)
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 1:33pm
Hi Cathy,

Yeah I know all about days like that and feelings that my life had no direction. I guess what helped for me was the small step method, go do one thing for you today that makes you feel good, even if its buying an ice cream and not feeling guilty. Then each day do a little more. Definately if you feel your life has no direction hehe pick one and go! *wink Try something you have always wanted to do or go out and get involved in something totally different for you. Maybe it wont become your life's direction but it may spark some good times that get you started.

Lots of *Hugs

Caly

*hugs